VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Beware of Daemon Tools, this program can slow ripping times w/ Blu Ray movies

Just as milOtis reported in my "BD Rebuilder Fast Reencode Times" thread that it takes him 1.5hrs to rip a BD and he uses Daemon tools, it has been a known issue for quite some time around the Slysoft forums

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=30267&highlight=DAEMON+TOOLS+SLOW+RIP

If you use Daemon Tools and have slow rip times w/ Blu Ray movies uninstall DT and the SPTD drivers, and use VCD (Virtual Clone Drive) instead, and your ripping times will soar

http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote  
  2. My old speed had nothing to do with Daemon Tools. I had actually been exporting an HD wedding to P2/MXF files from Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, that I filmed, at the same time I was using BD Rebuilder, and forgot I had it running.

I retested with just DaemonTools and BD Rebuilder running, and speed is now averaging 3 hours on every movie, on highest settings, re-encoding down to BD9

AnyDVD HD ISO rip = 30-35minutes
    BD Rebuilder Time = 3hrs

So 3hrs and 35minutes (max average) all together.

But who cares if it is longer anyway?...its not like you sit in front of the computer and watch it, lol

~ milOtis
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by milOtis
    My old speed had nothing to do with Daemon Tools. I had actually been exporting an HD wedding to P2/MXF files from Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, that I filmed, at the same time I was using BD Rebuilder, and forgot I had it running.

I retested with just DaemonTools and BD Rebuilder running, and speed is now averaging 3 hours on every movie, on highest settings, re-encoding down to BD9

BD Rebuilder Time = 3hrs

But who cares if it is longer anyway?...its not like you sit in front of the computer and watch it, lol

~ milOtis
    Nobody put words in your mouth, you said it took you 1.5hrs to rip a blu ray, Dameon Tools and its drivers are a long time known culprit of long BD rip times

Who cares? Unless you have forgotten this is a forum to share information

tip: For BD Rebuilder newbies, run BD Rebuilder as "idle process", that way it won't slow down anything you are working on

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ocgw
    My old speed had nothing to do with Daemon Tools. I had actually been exporting an HD wedding to P2/MXF files from Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, that I filmed, at the same time I was using BD Rebuilder, and forgot I had it running.

BD Rebuilder Time = 3hrs

~ milOtis
    Nobody put words in your mouth, you said it took you 1.5hrs to rip a blu ray, Dameon Tools and its drivers are a long time known culprit of long BD rip times

tip: For BD Rebuilder newbies, run BD Rebuilder as "idle process", that way it won't slow down anything you are working on

ocgw

peace
    Did you not read my post? I already explained that I was encoding full HD video from my HVX200 professional camera in Adobe Premiere Pro at the same time I was ripping the image, lol...THAT is why it was slow. The 3hrs and 35 minutes is my real time, now that I retested without other stuff running using all the CPU. That is 30-35 minutes to rip the ISOimage, then 3 hours to rebuild in BD Rebuilder. So, that's faster times than your "fast speed" post thread isn't it?

Got it? lol. I have no idea why you posted about 'sharing ideas' - dont even know what u are talking about.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ocgw

BD Rebuilder Time = 3hrs

~ milOtis

ocgw

peace
    Did you not read my post? I already explained that I was encoding full HD video from my HVX200 professional camera in Adobe Premiere Pro at the same time I was ripping the image, lol...THAT is why it was slow. The 3hrs and 35 minutes is my real time, now that I retested without other stuff running using all the CPU. That is 30-35 minutes to rip the ISOimage, then 3 hours to rebuild in BD Rebuilder. So, that's faster times than your "fast speed" post thread isn't it?

Got it? lol. I have no idea why you posted about 'sharing ideas' - dont even know what u are talking about.
    You win, your 8 Intel cores (16 cores w/ hyperthreading) is slightly faster than an old bench w/ my 4 AMD quad core (by your unverified testimony) that cost less than half as much

happy now?

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  6. Relax man...nobody cares what hardware you have or what you are using. To each their own ok?

So just chill out - you have already gotten 2 threads locked, just in the last 4 days, so r-e-l-a-x.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    feel free to ignore my threads

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    pls delete
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I uninstalled daemon tools because I was getting 2x ripping speeds, which by the way is about 10mbps for my settings. Now I get almost 4x speeds, so an average of 15/16 mbps, and this is much better.

you might think
    Quote Quote