VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I’ve been having pretty tough time trying to work with Vista 64-bit OS in my new laptop. One example is trying to register FLVSplitter.ax. Here’s some of the method, among others, I’ve tried but I have not been successful.

Any solution to solve the problem is appreciated.

TS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not all 32 bit apps run, or run properly on a 64bit OS. You can try using compatibility mode.

What version are you trying to use?
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^Thanks, Krispy! how do I go about doing that? I’ve been searching ways to run 32-bit dll in 64-bit. GOOGLES has too many answers and many are very convoluted.

Funny thing is I was able to run FLVSplitter awhile but Vista has been a real struggle. It‘s not so compatible with my gateway force me to begin with a clean slate recovery on my notebook. BTW, the Vista on my Sony notebook is Home Edition SP-1.

TS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry I wasn't more clear. Which version of flvsplitter? All references to it that I can find, seem to indicate it is only 32bit. But I just happened to notice there is a "64bit version of K-Lite Codec pack" which includes what appears to be a new version of FLVSplitter. But I don't know that for sure and I do NOT recommend installing the K-Lite codec pack.

As to compatibility mode, I'm not running Vista. But from past MS OS's, you typically create a shortcut for the app. Then in the shortcut properties, should be a tab or option to run in compatibility mode.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I’m still trying to resolve this problem. I placed flvsplitter.ax in SYSWOW64 and tried to run the register server32 since SYSTEM32 directory apparently is a paradoxical misnomer, which holds 64bit dlls for the 64bit OS, conversely, SYSWOW64 holds 32bit version of dlls for the virtual 32bit OS. It gave the same error message.

I also tried flv x64 registry patch but it went nowhere.

Does anyone have a plausible idea as to why I haven’t been able to register serve flvsplitter.ax in directshow applications?

TS
    Quote Quote