Thread
  1. Sorry for this - only makes sense to ppl from UK over the age of 25:
    /7 You can do it if u Bin and Cue it /7

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ember - nice one!

@hvr & @disturbed1

Turned the PBC off - no difference whatsoever apart from nothing at all played. I pressed "Play" and the DVD player said it was playing (however nothing was seen or heard). I pressed "Stop" and the counter went to 8:09!!(??) Anyhow thought that maybe I should burn a real CD-R istead of CD-RW but still on both my players the same problem.

So the interesting thing now would be find out - is it Nero that really can't process the bin files correctly or is it just a DVD Player problem - one is a Sampo clone, which will play normally everything. Any ideas guys?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @hvr & disturbed1

Doh! For some odd reason I had corrupted (better said erased the whole original information in the cue file) - that's why nothing was seen of the clip examples.

Anyhow have successfully burnt the VCD demo and played it. Only with PBC off I could however access the clips.

So as I said in the beginning - Nero does burn the cue/bin files correctly - it just takes 2 secs off.

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just created a SVCD .bin and .cue using VCDImager, and tried to burn with CDRWIN. The CD won't play on my DVD player. Looked it on my PC, nothing is found except it has ~540M used. Then burn the .bin & .cue using nero5.5.30, the SVCD works fine on my DVD player. From my experience this time, I would like to say CDRwin also has problems.
    Quote Quote  
  5. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-25 16:45:56, aldus4 wrote:
    Anyhow have successfully burnt the VCD demo and played it. Only with PBC off I could however access the clips.

So as I said in the beginning - Nero does burn the cue/bin files correctly - it just takes 2 secs off.
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

Um, how can you say that Nero burnt it correctly? From what you just described, it completely stuffed up the VCD.

On the demo VCD, all clips should be selectable -- that was the point, so you could see if your player+TV could handle PAL, NTSC and NTSC-FILM.

If Nero incorrectly burns the tracks on a VCD by 2 sec (150 sectors) that is a HUGE problem. It may not matter much on a non-PBC VCD where you are just playing the tracks, but as you've seen, on a VCD that does use menus, they no longer work.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  6. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-25 20:43:02, tendtend wrote:
    Just created a SVCD .bin and .cue using VCDImager, and tried to burn with CDRWIN. The CD won't play on my DVD player. Looked it on my PC, nothing is found except it has ~540M used. Then burn the .bin & .cue using nero5.5.30, the SVCD works fine on my DVD player. From my experience this time, I would like to say CDRwin also has problems.

Did you use a pirate serial number? If so you only have yourself to blame as Goldenhawk has outsmarted you.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    Quote Quote  
  7. Just thought I'd revive this topic a bit by saying I hate Nero now and yes I have EZCD destroyer/creator 5plat and GHawk's CDRwin...okay I'm done

sorry for the wasted post
    r@yjr13 ¦-< what you lookin at¿ :o

¡Now selling audioly and visually challenged coasters, frisbees, and vanity mirrors!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes and the moral of this story is Nero Sux when it comes to BIN QUE files.

>
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @vitualis

So the PBC off thing is caused by Nero? As I understood disturbed1 he used CDRWIN and had the same problem.
    Quote Quote  
  10. fireburner 1.6 works better than 2.0
    Quote Quote  
  11. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-26 09:41:34, aldus4 wrote:
    @vitualis

So the PBC off thing is caused by Nero? As I understood disturbed1 he used CDRWIN and had the same problem.

?? I'm not sure what you are refering to.

As far as I can tell, dirsturbed1 said a few posts back that on a SVCD sample he burnt (CUE/BIN) with Nero came out stuffed (menus didn't work). But when he burnt it with CDR-Win, it worked fine.

You can turn the PBC off any disc so that it only plays back the video tracks.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    >aldus4
    as vitualis said

Nope not what I meant
    I had the same problems as you with Nero, then I burnt the disc with CDRWIN. CDRWIN burnt the disc correctly, all menus, and extras worked correctly with CDRWIN, but not Nero.

Try it with CDRWIN, or Fireburner (I've tried Fireburner too, may switch to it).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: disturbed1 on 2001-07-26 10:29:10 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK - misunderstood.

So, summing up - culprit is Nero i.e.

So Rule No. 241:

If you bin & cue it,
    Don't let Nero do it!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Anyone tested this on Nero 6 yet?

Has this bug been fixed?
    Quote Quote  
  15. How, you really dug up an old thread! This was when the Nero CUE/BIN burning bug was identified...

Yes, it got fixed -- somewhere around version 5.5.8.x I think.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by vitualis
    How, you really dug up an old thread!
    Oh, sorry...
    I arrived at this thread from a link on this page:
    http://www.hvrlab.org/~hvr/vcdimager/nero_bug.html
    Quote Quote  
  17. No need to apologise... I was just kind of surprised that this 2 year old thread was still around...

It brings back memories... Back in those days, it took a lot of convincing for Nero fans to understand that Nero couldn't burn CUE/BIN images properly. This was the thread where this was not only proved, but the exact problem was identified.

I think that hvr eventually contacted Ahead and this resulted in the newer versions of Nero having proper support for CUE/BIN images (well, mostly).

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    Quote Quote