VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I thought it would be easy but I can't seem to find a way to do it.

I received a file from a friend but for some reason the audio runs too long and so it is out of sync in the middle but is in sync at the very beginning and very end.

I think I can fix it if I just compress the whole audio track down by about 1 minute.

Is this something that I can do in Audacity?

I hope I explained it well enough. I don't want to cut anything out of the audio track, I just want to push everything together a bit and reduce the time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Under Audacity's effects, you could select Change Tempo, with will alter the duration without changing pitch. However, if your audio track is in sync at both the beginning and the end, but out of sync in the middle, your problem is a bit more complex, and the Audacity effect would likely create more problems than it cured. You say NOTHING about the audio format or how it was encoded. I suspect it has variable bitrate encoding, which is causing the sync inconsistencies. If that is the case, you could re-encode the audio track as constant bitrate.

These are just hypotheticals, since you provide no useful information about the audio file (or the video stream for that matter).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry about the lack of information but I wasn't really asking for help, just how to shrink the length down.

The audio file has a constant bit rate (I'm quite sure) but the problem with the file was that the video was messed up. The last part of the video would play twice. The file was longer than it should've been.

I have no idea how the heck he did that. I edited the video and removed the repeating section.

I can only assume that he used a program that automatically stretched out the audio to fit the messed up video. I'll try to see if I can fix it but if I can't then whatever.

Thanks for the help though.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by darkzero297
    Sorry about the lack of information but I wasn't really asking for help, just how to shrink the length down.
    Huh?

If you post a problem that you're having, and asking how to solve it, that's asking for help.
    Quote Quote