VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all, I tried to use Auto GK to convert a DVD to AVI but I am getting the folloing error.

Video Compression Error:The source image format is not acceptable.
    (error code -2)

I used DVD Decrypter to copy the movie onto Hard Drive and it plays fine on the computer.
    Please help, thanks for all the replays

Quote Quote  
  2. Can't learn much without the entire log. If for DivX, do you have the DivX codec installed? Also, your DivX, if encoding to DivX, may be too recent. It doesn't support any DivX more recent than 6.5, I don't think. Can you try and encode for XviD to see if the same message appears?

Or are you encoding to XviD already?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is the log file. I had to run it again to get the log file.

eagles%20hell%20freezes%20over_agk.log
    Quote Quote  
  4. OK, it's DivX. Which version of DivX do you have installed? Do you have any version installed? It doesn't come included with AutoGK as XviD does. AutoGK doesn't support the recent DivX 7, and only up to and including DivX 6.5 (I think).

My first suggestion is to try the same encode, this time selecting XviD as the codec. If you like how it turns out, maybe keep on using it. Otherwise, you may have to get an older version of DivX.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Also, if your target size 1400mb, you should convert the DTS to something else.
    Audio1 size: 1,164,433,941 bytes (1110.49 Mb)
    Overhead: 5,570,688 bytes (5.31 Mb)
    Video size: 298,001,771 bytes (284.20 Mb)
    Target bitrate is: 386kbps

Unless of course you're watching it on an ipod and the audio is going through a DTS receiver
    But it looks like you set the width to 704

Then again I could of read the log totally wrong too
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Try using Xvid. Remember to enable ESS support if you wan standalone compatibility. I am not sure whether Mpeg4 AVI container supports DTS.

If you want DivX7 for sure, then use avi.NET. Intheir site itself you shall find all the necessary programs in Download Pak1 and Download Pak2
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for the response. I uninstalled the latest Divx and installed Divx Pro v6.2.5. I still getting the same error. I am trying with Xvid as I post, I will post the result.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys,
    I was able to encode the whole thing without any errors using Xvid, but the Video and Audio are out of sync. I don't know if i have 5.1 DTS. I am going to find out when I put it on my WD TV Player.
    I tried to use avi.NET but it gave me the following error, even after I changed the compatibility to Win XP, because i am running Vista.

Thanks for your replys.

Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by easyshare
    I was able to encode the whole thing without any errors using Xvid, but the Video and Audio are out of synch.
    It would have been out of synch if you had used DivX also. It's probably due to you decrypting it incorrectly, if it's a reasonably recent DVD with one of the new-fangled copy protections. It has nothing to do with AutoGK. If it's out of synch by the same amount all the way through the movie, just fix it.

I don't know anything about avi.NET. Perhaps src2206 can help.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    It would have been out of synch if you had used DivX also. It's probably due to you decrypting it incorrectly, if it's a reasonably recent DVD with one of the new-fangled copy protections. It has nothing to do with AutoGK. If it's out of synch by the same amount all the way through the movie, just fix it.

Thanks for you reply, this DVD was out in 2004. It has the FBI warning screen about 8 sec and there is no sound, that is why it is out of sync about 8 sec. How do I fix it? I checked the advanced settings and also the hidden settings there are no option to add any delays to the audio.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by easyshare
    It has the FBI warning screen about 8 sec and there is no sound, that is why it is out of sync about 8 sec. How do I fix it? I checked the advanced settings and also the hidden settings there are no option to add any delays to the audio.
    Thanks
    Like I said, improperly decrypted. But your problem probably isn't from newer copy protections, at least not entirely. If you want to start over, decrypt just the movie this time, rather than the entire DVD. You didn't say what you're using to decrypt it, but both DVD Decrypter and DVDFab HD Decrypter have movie-only modes.

How to fix the synch if you like having an FBI warning opening your AVI? Find the amount it's out of synch (the +/- minus keys when using Media Player Classic Home Cinema as your player), and enter that amount in the Audio Skew Correction section of VDubMod. Then maybe cut off the opening 8 seconds to get rid of the logo.

No, AutoGK doesn't have any way to adjust the audio synch. But if you feed it a properly decrypted source it'll give you back a video with in-synch audio.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by manono
    Well, I have never used Vista, but this type of problem with avi.NET surfaces with system file error. Do you have all .NET packages installed? It seems a .NET problem to me.

Regarding the out of sync problem, as manono rightly pointed out, it is squarely a bad-rip problem.

Just rip the main PGC of the DVD using pgc.NET (download from Videohelp.com mirror) and see if that vob also contains the FBI warning. In that case you can edit it with Vobedit and then encode. It seems that the source of the problem is incorrectly stored info in the IFO file corresponding to the vob arising out of a bad rip.

There is another way too using either AviMux+VD or AviMuxGUI.
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote