VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to backup to mkv my blu-ray copy of pirates of the caribbean - curse of the black pearl like I have done with a few of my other blu-ray movies so I don't need to keep swapping discs in and out.

I ripped the disc to hard drive image through anydvd 6.5.4.9 like all the others - it created a copy about 40gb in size like all the others...

However when I try to import it into Ripbot 1.13.3 it comes up showing no audio track, no chapters nothing (see attach)

I don't know what is different about this one or whether it's just me or what...

any help would be appreciated

Cheers,

Matt

Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try opening the ripped file in tsMuxeRGUI.exe. (It's in the RipBot 'Tools' folder.) Then you should see the streams. Pick the largest one and the preferred audio, then 'Start Muxing'. Open the result in RipBot and see if that works. If tsMuxeR doesn't see it, then you have other problems most likely.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i was able to open the m2ts stream in tsmuxer - I deselected all the additional languages and so on - then re-outputted it to a new m2ts file - I hope I will try it in ripbot shortly.

Let me know if this wasn't right or I missed a step?

Cheers,

Matt
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds close enough. You can usually play back the muxed file with VLC or Media Player HC to check for the proper language/audio format and that you have the correct .m2ts file. There are a few BDs that split the main movie between a couple of .m2ts files, but you would notice a smaller filesize, maybe 14GB, and that should tip you off. Most muxed BD .m2ts streams should end up around 22 - 25GB or so, depending on the video length.

And I have had a couple of BD discs that just refused to convert. But I have the originals, so I didn't go to much effort to determine the reasons.

I use the two pass encode with MKVs and a target size that will fit a DL DVD disc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried it and for all intents and purposes it seems to be creating the mkv file...

thanks for your help Red
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry for the bump here, but I've run into the same problem with the same Bluray.

Ripbot delivers the same screen as shown above, so I did as sujested and created a new m2ts file in tsmuxer. The result (post ripbot) was a completely unwatchable video. The top half of the stream is artifact loaded and just wacky.

So, I split the audio and video and Demux this way. The video stream is fine, but upon trying to use eacto for the audio, Im given an error code and cannot process it.

So basically, I have no idea whats going on here. Granted Im new to this, but I've had no trouble backing up the other (five) titles in my collection, but this one in particular is nothing but trouble for me.

Any help is MUCh appreciated.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  7. TamTam79 - what software are you using to play back? Playing back the raw .avc stream is fine you say? but what container gave you problems from the ripbot output (.mkv or .mp4 or .m2ts)? Try another software e.g. mpchc, kmplayer, smplayer, vlc
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Im getting these artifacts in ripbot as I check out the preview script. The images are totally not right. I let it run through a 2-pass encode job though to test it out earlier today and the resulting .mkv is just the same.

This is in VLC, MPC and PowerDVD. All icky.

Sorry, as I just said but hadn't yet read your question, MKV was the container file.

The .ts file I made strictly for the video is fine. It's only when I try and demux the audio that things go weird, but considering the trouble Im having exctracting the audio stream, Im not sure what else I can do.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Are all your software versions recent? if not, try upgrading. Try tsmuxer to demux the audio & video

It sounds like a decoder issue for ripbot. But Curse of the Black Pearl is AVC so you shouldn't have any problem. Running anydvd?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a heap for these replies, mate. I love it

Im using AnDVD 6.5.5.5, Ripbot 1.14.1 and tsmuxergui 1.8.4. Its as up to date as I can be I think?

I used tsmuxer to demux audio and video just then and I have an audio stream finally. Time to see if ripbot can handle them both without the artifacts now. *fingers crossed*
    Quote Quote