VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy PlayOn and record Netflix! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do I use DGIndex?

How do I work with interlaced footage? I prefer TomsMoComp.

How do I work with telecined footage?

How do I IVTC it?

My idea is going to encode from DVD to DivX by script NOT AutoGK. Any questions for me?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You start by changing the topic subject so it better describes the topic.
    Quote Quote  
  3. 1. Read the included docs, especially the DGDecodeQuickStart.html.

2. If you have to deinterlace, use a better deinterlacer. Yadif is, in my opinion, the fastest good deinterlacer. If quality and not encoding time is your main concern, then nothing beats TempGaussMC.

3. By IVTCing it.

4. TFM().TDecimate()

is one way. They're part of the TIVTC.dll.
    Any questions for me?
    Yes, I admire your desire to switch to manual encoding, but with the state of your experience and knowledge at the moment, I think you'd be better off sticking with AutoGK for the time being. Why ask a bunch of really basic questions, ones which could easily be answered with some easy research on your part, if you really cared enough to want to use AviSynth scripts for manual encoding? Do you really want to be spoonfed everything?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do I use Yadiff like this Yadif(), or Yadif(0,5,0), or Yadif(0,5,1)? Thank you for the info.

How do I change my subject title.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You use it as explained in the included doc. For basic TFF deinterlacing:

Yadif(Mode=0,Order=1)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Will someone edit the subject to something more apporiate? Please edit it ASAP per my request. I know moderators are watching.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rocky12
    Will someone edit the subject to something more apporiate? Please edit it ASAP per my request. I know moderators are watching.
    You can do it yourself.

Just edit your first post and change the topic line
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I load VTS_02_0 in MPC-HC it plays in English. When I load all VTS in DGIndex I get a different language preview screen. How do I bypass it to get an English movie?
    Quote Quote  
  9. tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I still don't understand. I seen that already. Why a tutorial? I need to know how to remove the language screen.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by rocky12
    When I load VTS_02_0 in MPC-HC it plays in English. When I load all VTS in DGIndex I get a different language preview screen.
    Why are you messing around with menu screens? If the DVD has a menu where you choose the menu language, and you want to skip that menu and go directly to the English Menus, then PGCEdit is what you want:

http://www.digital-digest.com/~blutach/Jump2PGC/Jump2PGC_guide.html

However, there's a good chance I've misunderstood you, because you're not making any sense. Why are you opening menus in DGIndex anyway?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My problem was I had a VTS menu. The preview showed interlaced. Saving the .d2v showed progressive. Which should I go by? Thank you for your help and time.

Originally Posted by manono
    When I load VTS_02_0 in MPC-HC it plays in English. When I load all VTS in DGIndex I get a different language preview screen.
    Why are you messing around with menu screens? If the DVD has a menu where you choose the menu language, and you want to skip that menu and go directly to the English Menus, then PGCEdit is what you want:

http://www.digital-digest.com/~blutach/Jump2PGC/Jump2PGC_guide.html

However, there's a good chance I've misunderstood you, because you're not making any sense. Why are you opening menus in DGIndex anyway?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Unless you start making sense real quickly, I'm outta here. Once more, why are you even opening a menu in DGIndex? What are you hoping to accomplish?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I told you I fixed the menu problem. I want to encode from DVD to DivX by script. I also said it's a refusal with AutoGK. Will you answer my previous message about one minute it shows interlaced, and the next progressive?

Unless you start making sense real quickly, I'm outta here. Once more, why are you even opening a menu in DGIndex? What are you hoping to accomplish?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If your main objective is to bypass the language Menu why worry if the DVD is progressive or interlaced?
    So i'm assuming that you have ripped the DVD an have the unencrypted files stored on your hard drive. What is the end result that you want to accomplish?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't want to deinterlace a progressive source.

Doing a preview in DGIndex it showed interlaced. Saving the .d2v it said progressive. Should I go with the results of the preview, or the saving?

Originally Posted by dragonkeeper
    If your main objective is to bypass the language Menu why worry if the DVD is progressive or interlaced?
    So i'm assuming that you have ripped the DVD an have the unencrypted files stored on your hard drive. What is the end result that you want to accomplish?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by rocky12
    I told you I fixed the menu problem.
    No you didn't.
    Doing a preview in DGIndex it showed interlaced. Saving the .d2v it said progressive.
    That doesn't make any sense either. It sounds like a mix of hard and soft telecine. But there's no way to be sure without a sample. Post 10 seconds of a piece of the source, a piece showing steady movement. Use DGIndex to save out an M2V.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can I just deinterlace the source?

I told you I fixed the menu problem.
    No you didn't.
    Doing a preview in DGIndex it showed interlaced. Saving the .d2v it said progressive.
    That doesn't make any sense either. It sounds like a mix of hard and soft telecine. But there's no way to be sure without a sample. Post 10 seconds of a piece of the source, a piece showing steady movement. Use DGIndex to save out an M2V.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to upload .d2v. I don't know how to save M2V.

dgindex.d2v
    Quote Quote  
  20. Here's how you save the M2V from DGIndex. Open a VOB and use the [ and ] buttons to mark off a small area and then File->Save Project and Demux Video. Then, in addition to the D2V project file and the audio for that small section, it'll also give you the M2V.

Never mind, though. That D2V is quite clear about what you have. The entire movie is pure film with an opening interlaced (and probably hard telecined) short section of either a lot of black frames or maybe a short logo. One way to handle it would be to set the Field Operation as Honor Pulldown Flags, make the D2V, and then IVTC it like so:

TFM(D2V="C:\Path\To\Movie.d2v")
    TDecimate()

Adjust for the names and path. Another way to handle it (and somewhat faster, as far as the encoding would go) would be to set the field operation to Forced Film and make a 23.976fps D2V. Then check carefully the opening frames to make sure there's no interlacing. The first way is slower but more guaranteed. The 2nd way is faster but a bit riskier, but should be OK if you check the opening few hundred frames or so for interlacing - up until the actual movie begins.
    If by "deinterlace" you mean using a real deinterlacer like Yadif, then the answer is no. Deinterlacing is a last resort, and if the goal is another DVD, you'd probably never need to deinterlace. And for a movie, you almost always either Force Film it to 23.976fps or you IVTC it. You don't deinterlace. There are some times when you might need to deinterlace - like when converting an interlaced video source for AVI or some other format that needs to be progressive, but this is definitely not one of those times.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do I need to deinterlace with yadif?

Here's how you save the M2V from DGIndex. Open a VOB and use the [ and ] buttons to mark off a small area and then File->Save Project and Demux Video. Then, in addition to the D2V project file and the audio for that small section, it'll also give you the M2V.

Never mind, though. That D2V is quite clear about what you have. The entire movie is pure film with an opening interlaced (and probably hard telecined) short section of either a lot of black frames or maybe a short logo. One way to handle it would be to set the Field Operation as Honor Pulldown Flags and then IVTC it like so:

TFM(D2V="C:\Path\To\Movie.d2v")
    TDecimate()

Adjust for the names and path. Another way to handle it (and much faster, as far as the encoding would go) would be to set the field operation to Forced Film and make a 23.976fps D2V. Then check carefully the opening frames to make sure there's no interlacing. The first way is slower but more guaranteed. The 2nd way is faster but a bit riskier, but should be OK if you check the opening few hundred frames or so for interlacing - up until the actual movie begins.
    If by "deinterlace" you mean using a real deinterlacer like Yadif, then the answer is no. Deinterlacing is a last resort, and if the goal is another DVD, you'd probably never need to deinterlace. And for a movie, you almost always either Force Film it to 23.976fps or you IVTC it. You don't deinterlace. There are some times when you might need to deinterlace - like when converting an interlaced video source for AVI or some other format that needs to be progressive, but this is definitely not one of those times.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Read what I wrote at the bottom.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I read it. Is DeBlock, and MSharpen, or anything like that necessary?

Read what I wrote at the bottom.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Depends on if you want to deblock or sharpen.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Audio questions to prevent synch. What is the sound file has a negative number? I put the negative in the interleaving? Should I change 500 to 0, or keep 500.

What if the movie has 3 audio tracks? Which one should be used?
    Quote Quote  
  26. If DgIndex indicates a negative audio skew enter a negative audio skew in VirtualDub. If you want multiple audio tracks use VirtualDubMod. If you want only one, figure out which one is the one you want (listen to them with a media player) and use it.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Should I change the 500 to 0?

If DgIndex indicates a negative audio skew enter a negative audio skew in VirtualDub. If you want multiple audio tracks use VirtualDubMod. If you want only one, figure out which one is the one you want (listen to them with a media player) and use it.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Jagabo, or someone.

Can someone tell me if I change the default 500 to 0, or leave it at 500?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Question #1 - Is English your primary language?

Question #2 - Are you over the age of 14?

Statement - The GUIDES section is there for people such as yourself. Read some, then read some more. You are asking questions which indicate a deep and vast lack of understanding of what you are working with. You need to comprehend the basic terms and structure in order for the answers and help you are getting to make sense to you.

It would also be helpful if you would give precise and clear answers to questions directed to you.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Jagabo,

Just ignore the post reply. Will you help me please? Or should I say plz to piss him off?

If DgIndex indicates a negative audio skew enter a negative audio skew in VirtualDub. If you want multiple audio tracks use VirtualDubMod. If you want only one, figure out which one is the one you want (listen to them with a media player) and use it.
    Quote Quote