VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by rocky12
    Can someone tell me if I change the default 500 to 0, or leave it at 500?
    You enter it exactly as in the file name. If it's 500, you enter 500. If it's -500, you enter -500.

I see you've attracted the interest of other astonished parties. So it's not just me. I also would like to know the answer to Nelson37's 2 questions.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To manono:

1.) Yes, English is my primary language. I have mental disabilities which affects my English.

2.) I am over 21. I am 27.

3.) I don't mean the audio skew. I meant the interleaving. The default is 500 then down I set the skew. Some change it from 500 to 0. I am not looking at it right now.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by rocky12
    3.) I don't mean the audio skew. I meant the interleaving. The default is 500 then down I set the skew. Some change it from 500 to 0. I am not looking at it right now.
    The default for the Interleaving is not 500 but 1 frame. The default for the Preload is 500ms. That's the way it is in my VDubMod anyway. What you do with those values depends on the type of audio. If MP3 you leave them alone. If AC3 I change both to 96 (96ms and 96ms, not 96 frames). But even if AC3, leaving them at the default values doesn't seem to hurt anything, but I could be wrong about that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I always leave the Audio Preload at 500 ms and the Interleave every 1 frames.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You change preload and what else to 96?

Originally Posted by manono
    Originally Posted by rocky12
    The default for the Interleaving is not 500 but 1 frame. The default for the Preload is 500ms. That's the way it is in my VDubMod anyway. What you do with those values depends on the type of audio. If MP3 you leave them alone. If AC3 I change both to 96 (96ms and 96ms, not 96 frames). But even if AC3, leaving them at the default values doesn't seem to hurt anything, but I could be wrong about that.
    Quote Quote  
  6. When I add in AC3 audio I change Preload to 96ms and Interleaving to 96ms. Jagabo says he leaves them both at the default values. Take your pick. I don't even think VDubMod uses the values I set (but keeps everything at default), but it's left over from the old Nandub days.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Manono,

If someone is encoding from XviD to DivX where quality doesn't matter.

Is it recommened for TFM(), and TDecimate? If so, what goes inside TFM(here)? Before you had D2V.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by rocky12
    Manono,

If someone is encoding from XviD to DivX where quality doesn't matter.

Is it recommened for TFM(), and TDecimate? If so, what goes inside TFM(here)? Before you had D2V.
    Boy, you're just all over the place
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  9. If your Xvid file is telecined you have bigger problems than an IVTC.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hehe, yeah. If converting from XviD to DivX (why?), you usually don't have to filter it at all:

AVISource("C:\Path\To\Movie.avi",False)

should be enough.

False disables the audio (although it's not strictly necessary). I would demux the audio and add it back at the other end.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Rocky12, seriously, I really don't know what you're trying to accomplish. But I'll try.

What tools like DGIndex tell you about the interlacing is only how it was encoded, not how it appears visually. For example, you can have a clip look progressive that was actually encoded interlaced.

Your best bet is to use VirtualDub and use your eyes. Load the clip and advance it frame-by-frame during motion scenes.

If you see 2 interlaced frames out of every 5, then we're talking film and IVTC. Use the methods described and you will go from 29.97fps to 23.976fps.

If you see no interlacing, then obviously it's progressive and you don't deinterlace. But if you see progressive frames and there's one repeat frame every 5, then you would need to decimate again. I personally, in this case, would use TDecimate(cycler=1) and go from 29.97fps to 23.976fps.

If you see interlaced frames with no discernable pattern, then it's a true interlace. That's where Yadif would play a role if you wish to deinterlace. (And you would retain the 29.97fps from the source.)

Then again, even a very good deinterlacer like Yadif kills alot of quality. (Actually to me almost any deinterlaced result looks horrid). As mentioned, only deinterlace as a last resort and only to formats not well suited for interlaced content. DvD is not one of those - MPEG-2 is great with interlacing.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I get audio synch problems. I can't tell if the audio is early or late. I put in -50 for audio skew. I left the preload at 500ms and interleaving at 1 frame. I can't fix this by changing numbers. I rather the numbers to be accucrate.
    Quote Quote  
  13. The audio preload and interleaving settings have no effect on audio sync. Only the audio skew setting effects the audio sync. If you can't tell what skew value to use how are we supposed to when we can't see the video or hear the audio?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Alllll righty, then. This just keeps getting better and better. Gotta be Top Ten material.

I get audio synch problems.
    CONSTANT, OR GRADUALLY CHANGING?

I can't tell if the audio is early or late.
    THIS WOULD BE IMPORTANT TO KNOW.

I put in -50 for audio skew.
    WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS FOR A FILE IDENTIFIED AS BEING -500?

I left the preload at 500ms and interleaving at 1 frame.
    EXCELLENT. YOU HAVE DISPLAYED THE ABILITY TO FOLLOW GOOD ADVICE.

I can't fix this by changing numbers.
    THIS MAY VERY WELL BE THE ONLY WAY IT CAN BE DONE.

I rather the numbers to be accucrate.
    THEN WHY DON'T YOU USE THE NUMBERS YOU WERE GIVEN BY THE TOOL WHICH DETERMINES THIS?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The tool determined -50. I still get synch.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Jagabo,

The audio skew is -50. Why do I still get synch?

The audio preload and interleaving settings have no effect on audio sync. Only the audio skew setting effects the audio sync. If you can't tell what skew value to use how are we supposed to when we can't see the video or hear the audio?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here. I am trying to upload a clip that was done with VirtualDubMod.

movie2.avi
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by rocky12
    Because the audio skew isn't really -50 ms?

Just eyeball the skew. Find some event where the audio and video should be obviously in sync -- a door slamming, a gun firing, some dialog, whatever. Adjust the skew setting in VirtualDub until the audio and video match. You can preview the video right within Virtualdub to check this.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    With the clip I gave will you adjust the skew, then give me the skew ms? Why does the audio file show -50?

I hate being mentally challenged.

Because the audio skew isn't really -50 ms?

Just eyeball the skew. Find some event where the audio and video should be obviously in sync -- a door slamming, a gun firing, some dialog, whatever. Adjust the skew setting in VirtualDub until the audio and video match. You can preview the video right withing Virtualdub to check this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I tried to keep on topic with my last post, but I guess I was totally off-topic myself since this thread has long been shifted by a hijacking - by the O/P himself.

My bad...

Carry on...
    Quote Quote  
  21. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    a) why do you need a menu?
    b) is this for dvd to dvd ? (if so use dvd-rebuilder. it takes care of 99% of the issues you are having)
    c) if it aint for DVd than use meGUI, LISTEN to the advice the de-interlace detector picks, pick a profile and pop the popcorn
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  22. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    suggest closing/locking this thread. way too broad of a area to cover that is already covered in manuals. if 45 posts havent got a answer than he has other issues
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by rocky12
    Here. I am trying to upload a clip that was done with VirtualDubMod.
    I, for one, can't play that clip. All it does is freeze on the computer. Plus, it's 480x480 (why)?, and it's uncompressed RGB (why?). If you want to cut out a piece properly and then upload it, preferably a piece with a sharp noise, as jagabo described, then we may be able to figure out the delay for you.

I think my very first response in this thread was to suggest that you should stick with AutoGK. Everything that has come after has only reenforced that opinion.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do I cut a piece of the AVI clip with VirtualDubMod?
    Quote Quote  
  25. First, it might be better to resize it properly and then choose a codec (XviD?) and then encode it. Once that's done, Open the AVI in VDubMod. Maybe it works the same for VDub, dunno. Set Video to Direct Stream Copy. Scroll to the beginning of the place you want and hit the left-pointing black half arrow below the screen. Scroll to the end point and hit the right-pointing black half arrow. File->Save As, give it a name, and upload it somewhere for us. Only a small piece will be necessary, if it's the right small piece.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How do I cut a piece of the AVI clip with VirtualDubMod?
    Place your bets. What will be the reply to the reply?

a) VirtualDub crashed on me. What do I do?
    b) It says that it's so-and-so codec. What does that mean?
    c) My script has no sharp resize in it. Should I use a blur filter?
    d) Do I need a LAME encoder to cut it?
    e) I can't see where to cut. Should I not cut it?
    f) My O/S is going slow. Do I need media plugin?
    g) My dog barks out of sync. Should I re-encode?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @manono,

I use DivX. I use 640 pixels. 640x352 for 16:9, and 640x480 for 4:3. In this case, I am using 640x352.

Try this clip

The clip won't upload to this site.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    First, it might be better to resize it properly and then choose a codec (XviD?) and then encode it. Once that's done, Open the AVI in VDubMod. Maybe it works the same for VDub, dunno. Set Video to Direct Stream Copy. Scroll to the beginning of the place you want and hit the left-pointing black half arrow below the screen. Scroll to the end point and hit the right-pointing black half arrow. File->Save As, give it a name, and upload it somewhere for us. Only a small piece will be necessary, if it's the right small piece.

Code:
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\deblock.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\msharpen.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\TIVTC.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\DGDecode.dll")
    Mpeg2Source("D:\The Matrix\movie.d2v")
    DeBlock(35,0,0)
    BlackmanResize(448,336,0,0,640,352)
    AddBorders(16,72,16,72)
    MSharpen(10,100,true,false,false)
    TFM(D2V="D:\The Matrix\movie.d2v")
    TDecimate()
    Quote Quote  
  29. There's a file size limit on this site. Use a file transfer site like:

http://www.mediafire.com/
    http://kotuha.com/
    http://www.megaupload.com/

Then post the link they give you.

You should IVTC before doing all you other filtering.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by rocky12
    In this case, I am using 640x352.
    No you're not.
    Code:
    BlackmanResize(448,336,0,0,640,352)
    AddBorders(16,72,16,72)
    I don't know where you came up with that script (probably some AVI->SVCD script), but it makes a 480x480 video with a whole lot of black all around the outside. Just open that script in VDub(Mod) and have a look. How about just:

LanczosResize(640,352)#or your favorite resizer

And I have no idea why you might think The Matrix needs deblocking. And personally, I wouldn't sharpen it up either as all that does is to make it less compressible.
    Quote Quote