VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello

i have serious problem with playing avi files in mv2player.
    i get the massege "extracting rar archive"..usualy i fix it by uninstalling k-lite codec pack. but now i cant fix it.

now its seems the some xvid or divx..(that usualy play avi files)
    are still there in registry.

i use several tools to remove broken codecs.(codec tweak tool, codec sniper).
    i had install and uninstall k-lite codec pack.
    i delete manualy xvid.dll xvid.ax divx.dll divx.ax.
    i think the problem started when i change the xvid.ax to xvid.old
    because i couldnt delete it.

install and uninstall mv2player.

i dont know what more can i do to solve this problem.

thank you.
    david.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It sounds like your file associations are messed up. Go into tools - folder options - file types - and make sure that .avi is not associated with Winrar or Winzip or any other extraction program.

You really do not need codec packs. They are often more trouble than they are worth. Download the codecs that you need individually.
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you.
    its not my problem. the movie files are open with windows media player and play's good. i have a specific problem only with mv2player.

i check it out and avi file releted to windows media player.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Do a system restore to before you installed the codec pack, then intsall m2vplayer.

Do not install a codec pack.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i already try this and the system restore failed!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Then you have three options.

Use another player, such as VLC or media player classic, format the computer and reinstall, or seek help from the vendor of m2vplayer.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you. i succeed finaly to made a system restore. i need to disable somthing in norton that prevent system restore(protect my product) and i manage to install and uninstall the codec pack. and fix this error.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by dudubitn
    thank you. i succeed finaly to made a system restore. i need to disable somthing in norton that prevent system restore(protect my product) and i manage to install and uninstall the codec pack. and fix this error.
    Do you have Norton Goback?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no, just nis 2007.
    like i said before i succeed fix the error and the problem,
    Quote Quote