VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey. just got this burner in, installed, it read cds, my old dvds, and I burned 1 at 16x (nice) anything aboout the v1 that needs a firmware? the man date is sept 2008.
    I cannot find in topic search the title of my post, nor even memorex gave a return. There is a lite-on dvd burner with the same stuff inside is the only clue I got about this memorex. is it true? safe to leave alone?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also just found one that was NOS. Burned at the first recommended speed ( 3x??) on a 16x tdk dvd-r 16x, went fine, tried to manually select 4x, drive froze at 90%, had to shut down computer. Checked online, found that page. My drive have the 5M64. I have another DH-16W1P by Philips & Benq... and it is phisically identical, except that the memorex advertise lightscribe at front. I would like to know what firmware version is best to use on that MRX-530L rebranded drive.

https://burners.burn4free.com/memorex/memorex-v1.htm

This drive is also capable of detecting properley PI Errors and PI Failures in order to test the quality of burned cd with Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.7.7.16
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tried it again, the new recommended burn speed was now 6x, the same as the DH-16W1P and burn quality was among the best burners I have in my collection. A keeper for sure.
    Quote Quote