VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey everyone, I'm having a lot of trouble transferring files from my camcorder to my computer.

I have a Panasonic VDR-D230. It records onto 1.4GB DVD-Rs. However, when I put the DVD-R into my computer, it doesn't recognize it. Also, when I keep the DVD-R in the camcorder and connect it to the computer via USB, it still won't recognize it.

Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. sounds like you haven't finalized the dvdr. after you do it should be accessible to windows.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    R T F M....................
    Windows does NOT recognize a USB CAM........ Unless you have some special software...
    You need to finalize the disk...
    Do they play on a regular TV type dvd player???
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JimboS
    R T F M....................
    Windows does NOT recognize a USB CAM........ Unless you have some special software...
    You need to finalize the disk...
    Do they play on a regular TV type dvd player???
    No. However, they will play when you use the A/V cables to connect the camcorder (with the disk still in it) to the TV.

Any suggestions for software that will allow Windows to recognize the camcorder?
    Quote Quote  
  5. did you finalize the disc before trying it in the computer?

the software would have come with the cam if there is any.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by minidv2dvd
    did you finalize the disc before trying it in the computer?

the software would have come with the cam if there is any.
    Yes, the disk was finalized.

Are there any aftermarket software options to allow my computer to read the disc?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by meadowburke
    Hey everyone, I'm having a lot of trouble transferring files from my camcorder to my computer.

I have a Panasonic VDR-D230. It records onto 1.4GB DVD-Rs. However, when I put the DVD-R into my computer, it doesn't recognize it. Also, when I keep the DVD-R in the camcorder and connect it to the computer via USB, it still won't recognize it.

good day....you mentioned "when I put the DVD-R into my computer" right? if i may ask, do you have a dvd writer or dvdrom in your pc?...where exactly did you put the finalized disc as you said in your pc?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dvstorm
    Originally Posted by meadowburke

good day....you mentioned "when I put the DVD-R into my computer" right? if i may ask, do you have a dvd writer or dvdrom in your pc?...where exactly did you put the finalized disc as you said in your pc?
    My computer has a dvdrom.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by minidv2dvd
    you could try isobuster or cdroller.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote