VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm currently looking for a Good Quality MiniDV Camcorder for about £300 each. I'm looking at getting two of the type I get.

I know it isnt enough for the £1000 + Pro Models but was wondering what was the best quality I could get for this budget.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mkkid28
    I'm currently looking for a Good Quality MiniDV Camcorder for about £300 each. I'm looking at getting two of the type I get.

I know it isnt enough for the £1000 + Pro Models but was wondering what was the best quality I could get for this budget.
    Look at the Canon Z models for new.

For MiniDV format you may find a used pro model in your price range. I'm not sure if Craig's list has caught on over there. A used camcorder evaluation is best done in person. Over here people are dumping great SD cams for dubious HD models.

Also look at the wonderful Canon HV20/30 HDV cams (also record DV) that are just above your price range.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cheers, I'll have a look.

Would the camera Panasonic NV-GS230EB-S be any good. It has 3CCD, which I've heard is pretty good for the Lens Type?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You should read the reviews. I recall that model had low light issues.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What about the Sony HDR-HC3, HDR-HC5 or HDR-HC7 models. Can get these Pre-Owned from CEX here in UK. I've read reviews for them over on some UK websites and they seem to get good reviews.
    Quote Quote