VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

I have a multi angle DVD (ALIEN3) which I would like to back up. It has two angles: 1. Theatrical version, and 2. longer uncut edition.
    Following one post by guns1inger, I have ripped the whole DVD using DVD Decrypter in multi-angle Processing mode. I have got two VIDEO_TS folder of two different sizes, larger one for the longer version and the smaller one for the shorter version. I would like to burn each version separately on two DD5s preserving the original Menu and sound tracks (though there is none but one English).

But the trouble is as I play the the VIDEO_TS folder in a SW player, I find that I can play both the versions, though the total size of the VIDEO_TS folder is almost half of the Original. . Now I have opened both the version in DVDRemake pro and the screen shots are as follows:

For the Uncut Longer Version:

For the Theatrical Shorter version:

Could some one please tell me what is wrong? Even the Total Size of the DVD does not match the Total of PGC 1 and PGC 2 in either of the cases.

Please tell me how to fix this issue.

Thank you
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ok, I think I have found the problem. The trouble lies in the way DVDDecrypter rips the movie in Multi Angle mode. I have used the Customize function of DVDFab, and the result is about .07GB less than DVDDecrypter.

Sorry if I created a useless thread, but generally when it comes to ripping I do not consider any option but DVD43 (suggested by Baldrick, thank you!)+DVDDecrypter- old habits doe hard!
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote