VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

I have a multi angle DVD (ALIEN3) which I would like to back up. It has two angles: 1. Theatrical version, and 2. longer uncut edition.
    Following one post by guns1inger, I have ripped the whole DVD using DVD Decrypter in multi-angle Processing mode. I have got two VIDEO_TS folder of two different sizes, larger one for the longer version and the smaller one for the shorter version. I would like to burn each version separately on two DD5s preserving the original Menu and sound tracks (though there is none but one English).

But the trouble is as I play the the VIDEO_TS folder in a SW player, I find that I can play both the versions, though the total size of the VIDEO_TS folder is almost half of the Original. . Now I have opened both the version in DVDRemake pro and the screen shots are as follows:

For the Uncut Longer Version:

For the Theatrical Shorter version:

Could some one please tell me what is wrong? Even the Total Size of the DVD does not match the Total of PGC 1 and PGC 2 in either of the cases.

Please tell me how to fix this issue.

Thank you
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ok, I think I have found the problem. The trouble lies in the way DVDDecrypter rips the movie in Multi Angle mode. I have used the Customize function of DVDFab, and the result is about .07GB less than DVDDecrypter.

Sorry if I created a useless thread, but generally when it comes to ripping I do not consider any option but DVD43 (suggested by Baldrick, thank you!)+DVDDecrypter- old habits doe hard!
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote