VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I love the practical side of using Subtitle Creator's wizard to easily add my own subs to a DVD, but it'll often end up with corrupted results. The problem seems to happen when saving a .sup from a .srt , and comes in two forms:

Sometimes the subs lose their original sync when converting them to .sup with Subtitle Creator from the original .srt - I found no plausible explanation of why this happens, especially because when it does, I'll typically just uninstall and reinstall the program and it then works fine... without me selecting any options on it in the meanwhile!

As for the artifacts, they come as small lines and bits under the subs. I often get around them by trying out with different fonts, sizes and screen positions before repeating the conversion to .sup . Again this behaviour seems random, and I can't seem to pinpoint a reason or a definitive way to get rid of it.

I've already tried different versions of Subtitle Creator (v2.2, v2.3RC1...).

If someone knows about this and can help, I would appreciate it a lot.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    what format are your subtitles in the .srt fromat? are they displayed after frames, time, etc.? Because if you have a .srt with frames a window appears in Subtitle Creator where you should choose what framerate you want on your .sup later on.
    Though it seems kind of weird that after reinstalling your program it works just fine.

Don't know if that could help you but it's the only thing I can think of when it comes to unsynced .sup (when .srt is synced)
    take a look at my DVD-authoring guide :)

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic353434.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for answering. I'm dealing with timecode based .srt files, the most common type. So we have exact times in hh:mms:ms, and framerate isn't (shouldn't ?) be a consideration when producing the .sup .

After some more experimentation and chats with people elesewhere, I have reasons to believe the problem is caused by broken code or simply a bad handling of timecodes in Subtitle Creator, and I'm now in the process of trying different programs to convert to .sup .
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am having similar problem, but olny with 2.3rc1.
    Quote Quote