VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to communicate between two PCs using hyperterminal over ethernet port. I am able to connect the PCs using TCP/IP in the hyperterminal. But it requires login and password to communicate. I tried with my system's login id and password. But it is not accepting that user id and password. What else i need to provide for this login id and password field??? Please help me...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't believe you can remote login that way. Depending on what exactly you are trying to do, you could try using Remote Desktop. Or you could simply share the devices/files you are trying to access.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for your reply....

I just want to transfer some files or some text from one PC to another PC using tcp/ip. This is the requirement of my project.

but I am not able to communicate between the two because of login id and password. I am not able to understand which login id and password i need to provide here....
    Quote Quote  
  4. Easiest way is to have the same user accounts on both PCc

Or use the user account on the PC you are trying to connect to.

Example
    PC1 has user account User1
    PC2 has user account User2

You try to connect to PC1 from PC2 using \\pc1\sharename
    You are promted for a username and password. You would use User1
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  5. in xp i think you have to right click on the shared folder you want another computer to find and select sharing and security. go through the whole share this folder routine before any other computer can connect.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Telnet works on a server and client model. One computer acts as a server, the other a client.

On the computer you want to act as a server Start Hyperterminal. Type any session name you want. For Host Address don't enter anything. Be sure set Connect Using to TCP/IP (Winsock). At the main Hyperterminal window select Call -> Wait For A Call.

On the "client" computer start Hyperterminal. Enter any session name you want. For Host Address enter the Namr or IP address of the "server" computer. Be sure set Connect Using to TCP/IP (Winsock). At the main Hyperterminal window select Call -> Call.

If you get a firewall warning on either computer just say it's ok.

Type away...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried this also....but the problem is still the same....hyperterminal still asks for login and password...
    Quote Quote  
  8. You have two options. Go into the local security policies of both computers and make sure that the limit on blank passwords is disabled or go into both computers and set up passwords.
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For sharing of files, all you need to do is connect the PC's together and share the drives/folders you wish to share. Then browse for what you have shared. There's no reason to "login" to the PC.

http://www.ezlan.net/direct.html
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  10. You didn't say what your OS is, or even if the two computers have similar Operating Systems. If you are running Windows you may need to ensure "Use simple file sharing" is enabled. You may also need to ensure file shares are set up. The click-by-click instructions will vary depending on which OS (e.g., XP Home, XP Pro, Vista, etc.) you are running.

For all we know you are connecting a Mac to a Linux box, although PC tends to imply some variation of Windows.

-drjtech
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by pr
    I have tried this also....but the problem is still the same....hyperterminal still asks for login and password...
    Why are you using hyperterm?
    What are your OSs

If windows OS, RDP can copy and paste text between computers and files can be exchanged via file sharing
    RDP doesn't copy and paste files
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Operating System, I am using, is Windows XP. I just want data at the ethernet port of the computer.
    As we can send data at the COM port using hyperterminal...cann't we send the data using TCP/IP of hyperterminal??? In leyman language I just want this only...data at the ethernet port of the PC..
    Quote Quote  
  13. Define "data"
    RS232/422/485?

I just want to transfer some files or some text from one PC to another PC using tcp/ip.
    The answer to this has been given.
    Flie sharing for tranfering files and text in text documents or copy and paste text via an RDP session.

Unless you have to use Hyperterm.
    Quote Quote  
  14. XP comes in both Home and PRO flavors, with also an additional 64-bit version. You have not yet provided enough information to identify your operating system. If your username and password are created with the same lack of precision, this could be your issue.

Not sure why you are working so hard to make this more difficult than it needs to be. Simple, basic networking. Using Hyperterminal for this is like trying to climb stairs on a skateboard. Is the usage of Hyperterminal an absolutely rigid requirement? Are you prevented from using similar but more advanced software designed specifically for this purpose?

Have you shared the files, with full rights under permissions for everyone?

Have you verified that both PC are in the same workgroup? Not absolutely necessary, but helpful.

Have you created an identical username and password on both the source and target PC?

Then just go into Network Neighborhood on the target PC and browse for the source. If it does not appear, use the Search function to locate the PC by name.
    Quote Quote  
  15. It's funny, but this really sounds like a MCSE question and debuging a dead OS over a null modem cable.

Since you said this is a project, am I on the right track?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM

Sounds line he/she is wanting help with his/her homework!
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote