VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am having a hard time importing my clips from mini DVD (Sony Handycam DCR DVD 405) with the correct capture date and time. I have mostly kid-related videos and I would like to preserve the date and time rather than just the order of clips.

I have tried on a mac - iMovie 08, iMovie 09, MPEG Streamclip, Handbrake and on Win - Adobe Premier Elements, Roxio Creator and have had no luck.

Any other tools I can try (preferably on macs but Win is fine too)?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think the camcorder forum is better for this question so I'm moving you.

Correct capture date and time? do you want a time stamp in the video? I'm not sure if it's saved on dvd camcorders.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, I don't want it in the video itself, but when the clips are imported (.dv or .mpeg or whatever), I would like them to have the date and time as metadata.

For example, when I open the DVD Player app on my mac, I can see each clip as a "Chapter" on the DVD and each clip/chapter has a date/time. So I know that information is available, but it just does not get transferred at the time of import.
    Quote Quote