VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi, how can I convert my DVD from NTSC to PAL - please tell me the best program to do this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jebinio
    hi, how can I convert my DVD from NTSC to PAL - please tell me the best program to do this?
    It's also a waste of time. At least 90% of newer European players easily play NTSC discs....it is the region code on the discs people need to worry about.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's best to use a multi-system DVD player but you can also make a backup by using DVDFab Decrypter and ImgBurn,that way it removes the region code.If it still won't play then try this method:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic221928.html
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by MOVIEGEEK
    It's best to use a multi-system DVD player but you can also make a backup by using DVDFab Decrypter and ImgBurn,that way it removes the region code.If it still won't play then try this method:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic221928.html
    It's not a waste of time, there's noticeable flicker in light colored backgrounds on PAL DVD's playing on NTSC systems.
    ConvertXtoDVD does a fine job of converting and removing that flicker...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ranosb
    It's not a waste of time, there's noticeable flicker in light colored backgrounds on PAL DVD's playing on NTSC systems.
    That's a wonderful story....too bad it has nothing to do with the original poster's question.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does it convert an entire DVD including extras and menus from PAL to NTSC or just individual files?

Does it need another program to decrypt and rip the original DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by hech54
    That's a wonderful story....too bad it has nothing to do with the original poster's question.
    Like your aviatar says "Confused".
    Im recommending convertxtodvd and backing up its use, that it should be used despite dvd players can play both formats...
    What was your useful post all about? Answering the original poster's question??
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yeah, I've used the "Patch" method a number of times for PAL --> NTSC. Doesn't work on all players though. Then there's the "Pulldown" method, which *is* reliable. I've even done a full-on conversion a few times.

But NTSC --> PAL? Nah, back it up to make it region-free.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Note : NTSC to PAL can only be done nicely if the NTSC material is 23.976 fps. If it is 29.970 fps you will get either dropped frames of a lot of blending.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good point gunsl1nger. If the original poster was to provide more details about what it is they are trying to convert it would be easier to recommend a solution.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Which is the opposite of the conversion in question.

Most "PAL" TVs and DVD players, like mine, play NTSC natively.

I make DVDs with PAL menus, and a random mixture of PAL and NTSC features. Never had any issue (or flickering) playing them on my or my friend's systems.

Yes, it IS a waste of time to convert. All you need to do is strip out the region coding.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by AlanHK
    Which is the opposite of the conversion in question.

Most "PAL" TVs and DVD players, like mine, play NTSC natively.

I make DVDs with PAL menus, and a random mixture of PAL and NTSC features. Never had any issue (or flickering) playing them on my or my friend's systems.

Yes, it IS a waste of time to convert. All you need to do is strip out the region coding.
    Exactly.
    Damn ranosb....you be gettin' b1tchslapped repeatedly.....
    Quote Quote  
  14. Im talkin about PAL to NTSC, too add to the discussion...It will flicker playin a PAL dvd on a NTSC system, period.
    I have no idea about NTSC to PAL, which apearently looks fine from DVD players playing on a PAL system.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It will flicker playin a PAL dvd on a NTSC system, period.
    Huh...

Funny... i have never had that problem
    And i have been playing PAL dvd's on my NTSC systems for years.
    Quote Quote