VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, recently trying out this software. A few questions. I did a search in the forum and just want to confirm if those steps stated are correct ?

1) The video and audio don't sync together. My output is from a DVD to .avi. I flipped through the forum and found this solution. https://forum.videohelp.com/topic367462.html?highlight=xilisoft. How long will it take to convert a DVD of 105 minutes (Estimate) by using the solution in that thread ?

2) I am trying hard to convert the output .avi file to fit my Pocket PC screen (Samsung Omnia) 240 * 400. The original rom which came with this phone has a sample of a movie trailer 240 * 400 that fits fully to the screen without any blackbars. How do I do that ? I understand to do that, the aspect ratio has to change to 4:3. However, there will be loss of quality as stated in this thread, https://forum.videohelp.com/topic360920.html?highlight=xilisoft. Any solutions to it ? My DVD is 16:9, non HD or Blu-ray.

3) My output file is to .avi. However, my Windows Media Player cannot play the file. It will only come out with sound and no video. Tried it on VLC Player and it works perfectly. Just wondering howcome the VLC player can play perfectly ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What is this software? Xilisoft? Then try something else to convert to avi like autogk or handbrake.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1) Audio/video sync is often resolved by using different software. Conversion time is hardware based (cpu), we can't tell you how long it will take.

2) You are wasting time converting to avi and then converting again for your Pocket PC. Convert straight to the format you need.

3) You likely don't have the correct codec installed. VLC uses it own. Open the file with a program such as gSpot and see what codec is used/required.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter
    1) Audio/video sync is often resolved by using different software. Conversion time is hardware based (cpu), we can't tell you how long it will take.

2) You are wasting time converting to avi and then converting again for your Pocket PC. Convert straight to the format you need.

3) You likely don't have the correct codec installed. VLC uses it own. Open the file with a program such as gSpot and see what codec is used/required.
    I convert to .avi for backup first. If I think I want to watch movie on my phone, I will do the conversion again. I understand I am also wasting my time for converting again and again.
    Quote Quote