VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    Originally Posted by flashfullscreen View Post
    hmm I really don't want to uninstall chrome, it will reset my extensions settings. I use Windows 8 32 bit btw...
    Try use Other button in program, to locate and select flash player file pepflashplayer.dll
    default locations:
    C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\29.0.1547.76\Peppe rFlash\
    C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\11.8.800.170\
    That worked, thank you very much!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Updated my program to v3.00 (Link)
    It's Gift Time
    Command Line is now available and Google Chrome should be fixed now.

Usage: <Patcher>.exe -f <FullFilePath>

CLI Return Codes (%ERRORLEVEL%):
    0 = Patch Successful.
    1 = Invalid Parameter.
    2 = File Not Found.
    3 = File Already Patched.
    4 = Reboot Required.
    5 = Incompatible or Unknown file.

v3.00 12/25/2013
    • Add - Added limited Command Line support. (ex. <patcher>.exe -f <FullFilePath>)
    • Fix - Automatic patching for Google Chrome should work for everyone now, completely rewrote Chrome flash detection.
    • Fix - Noticed a spelling mistake in an error message.
    Last edited by CHRONOMASTER; 25th Dec 2013 at 08:05.
    Quote Quote  
  3. never mind
    now its ok
    Thanks
    Last edited by roma_turok; 25th Dec 2013 at 08:02.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I've been using this for a while now and is the only easy fix for this annoying mess. I have to add to the FAQ though does it do anything to degrade performance in any obtrusive way? or it is impossible with the amount of code changed as if it iwas just a toggle on off kind of deal.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by fohrums View Post
    I've been using this for a while now and is the only easy fix for this annoying mess. I have to add to the FAQ though does it do anything to degrade performance in any obtrusive way? or it is impossible with the amount of code changed as if it iwas just a toggle on off kind of deal.
    It just remove message, that's all
    not any connection to performance.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi fohrums,

There are no performance changes with this patch.
    The modified code is only loaded and executed during the switch to full screen, after which it is unloaded.

This post has more info on the changes I made. (Link)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does not seem to work on current versions of Flash/Firefox (current as of Feb.10/2014).

I ran the patch, it said to reboot to patch the file properly. I still get the "press ESC" msg on this : http://www.stcatharines.ca/en/spectatorfacilitywebcam.asp
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by z0diac View Post
    Does not seem to work on current versions of Flash/Firefox (current as of Feb.10/2014).

I ran the patch, it said to reboot to patch the file properly. I still get the "press ESC" msg on this : http://www.stcatharines.ca/en/spectatorfacilitywebcam.asp
    From my tests, the patch working on last flash version 12,0,0,44
    If it said to reboot to patch, probably flash file is locked or Firefox was running in the background
    you need to close Firefox or all programs that use flash or web, like for example Messenger, then use patch again
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    Originally Posted by z0diac View Post

From my tests, the patch working on last flash version 12,0,0,44
    If it said to reboot to patch, probably flash file is locked or Firefox was running in the background
    you need to close Firefox or all programs that use flash or web, like for example Messenger, then use patch again
    I closed FF then ran it - then loaded up FF again and tried it: works!

I really wish there was a way to make this patch permanent so we didn't have to keep patching after every (way to frequent) Flash update.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by z0diac View Post
    I really wish there was a way to make this patch permanent so we didn't have to keep patching after every (way to frequent) Flash update.
    Disable automatic flash update and update manual only after major update release.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by z0diac View Post
    Disable automatic flash update and update manual only after major update release.
    The only problem being, how do I know when updates are released, and which ones are important? I dont' have the time to be manually checking for Adobe updates.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by z0diac View Post
    The only problem being, how do I know when updates are released, and which ones are important? I dont' have the time to be manually checking for Adobe updates.
    Update one time every year and you will be OK
    Quote Quote  
  13. Today I went to see if a new flash version was available (I don't have automatic updates enabled) and I found that the version I was still using, this is the 11.7 extended support release, will be switched in May to version 13 (along with the current release, I guess), which is still in beta stage.

I had a look and I found in the release notes the following:

Originally Posted by Adobe Flash Labs
    • Relocated Full Screen Video Warning to Top of Screen
    We have made a small tweak to the "Press Esc to exit full screen mode" warning that is displayed for full screen video. We've received a lot of feedback from developers because the dialog obscures content, and we wanted to make a change that both satisfies security concerns and customer viewing enjoyment. To reduce the impact of the dialog on the on-screen content, we've moved the dialog to the top of the screen.
    labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/shared/air13_flashplayer13_releasenotes.pdf

I hope that doesn't mean that this project is stopped in any way. I think, whereever the message it's placed or not, it's better to disable such warning.

Also I want to report that the fix still works for 13.x branch
    Quote Quote  
  14. They just move same logo message slightly up, instead just give us option to remove it.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Usage: .exe -f

fullfilepath of what? The exe? The flash dll? The potato? You should put a bit more explanation for this, because this does nothing:

d:\Flash_Fullscreen_Patcherv3.0.exe -f c:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

No error message or anything. Thanks btw, great app.

edit.: in fact -f does nothing at all with v3.0
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why you need command line anyway?
    just use Other button
    Because the program can't patch it automatically after every flash update, and adobe likes to update flash every 1-2 weeks.
    And It is easier to make a batch file to auto update every once in a while. Or update with one click instead using the gui.

Or simple because I'm an engineer who have to install windows for colleagues day-by-day, and I want to implement it in my script, to auto update dlls after flash install.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Hi!

After the recent Flash Update CHRONOMASTER'S patch, v3.0, stopped working...I guess this update is connected somehow. Anyway, I read over the other recent posts, but since I'm not at all 'technically astute' is there a step-by-step guide to fixing this
    'press esc...' issue that won't make my head explode???? Just kidding about the head thing, it's just that I haven't the foggiest idea how to do this stuff! Will someone please point me to the solution to this by using VERY DETAILED instructions?

Thanks in advance for your help...I really need it!!!

Best Regards,
    DogPal
    Last edited by DogPal; 17th Apr 2014 at 10:04. Reason: forgot something
    "Dogs may not be our whole life but they make our lives whole"
    by Roger Caras
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by DogPal View Post
    Hi!

Is there an update to CHRONOMASTER'S fix? I had great success using v3.0 for quite awhile, but it just stopped working. I ran it 3 more times just to make sure the last Windows update didn't 'undo' it, but the message box says it's already patched! The only other change has been theaUpdate to v13...it was right after the Flash update that I noticed the annoying 'press esc to exit' was back!
    Does anyone else have this problem, or is there an update for this patch???
    Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Regards,
    DogPal
    In Adobe Flash 13 don't have problem
    What web browser you have problem?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hi!
    I use Firefox 28
    by Roger Caras
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by DogPal View Post
    Hi!
    I use Firefox 28
    1)Try uninstall flash player by download and run this file: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe
    2)then install flash player by download and run this file: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player.exe
    3)then run flash patch, v3.0 again

IF this not help try manually path flash player
    by pressing Other button and browse to this 2 files:
    File NPSWF64_13_0_0_182.dll located in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
    File NPSWF32_13_0_0_182.dll located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hi!
    After I download, do I have to have my browser closed when I follow your instructions? I know I do when I update Flash, so am I correct in assuming the same rule applies for this?
    See...I told you I don't know any technical stuff!!!
    Thank you SO much for helping me...I really do appreciate it!
    DogPal
    by Roger Caras
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by DogPal View Post
    Hi!
    After I download, do I have to have my browser closed when I follow your instructions?
    I know I do when I update Flash, so am I correct in assuming the same rule applies for this?
    yes
    and yes
    Quote Quote  
  23. Thanks so much for your help!
    Will I have to do this every time Flash updates or should this do the trick?
    Wish me luck, I'm gonna give it a try this afternoon...if you hear of any mysterious laptop explosions you'll know it was me

DogPal
    by Roger Caras
    Quote Quote  
  24. Is it possible to get rid of the same fullscreen message in Silverlight? I know some other people have been asking the same question. I think it may be possible because I read a webpage that talked about setting up "trusted applications" and that "trusted applications that enter full-screen mode will not display the message "Press ESC to exit full-screen mode"". The page can be found here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee721083(v=vs.95).aspx#application_signing

I'm not really technical enough to understand everything it's saying so if anyone can make sense of it that would be awesome.
    Last edited by liquidmetalrob; 27th Apr 2014 at 18:24.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DogPal View Post
    Hi!
    I use Firefox 28
    1)Try uninstall flash player by download and run this file: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe
    2)then install flash player by download and run this file: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player.exe
    3)then run flash patch, v3.0 again

IF this not help try manually path flash player
    by pressing Other button and browse to this 2 files:
    File NPSWF64_13_0_0_182.dll located in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
    File NPSWF32_13_0_0_182.dll located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
    On the first file location above, I get file not found despite it obviously being right there.

I have tried pretty much every suggestion in this thread, including the instructions above. Still get the popup every time. What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  26. When you click on Firefox/Opera button on Patcher program
    what happens?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Patch successful and then File already patched. I have Firefox installed, but never use it. I'm using Chrome.
    Quote Quote  
  28. The file you trying to select its flash player for Firefox
    When you click on Chrome button ? what happens?
    Quote Quote