VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Thank you Chronomaster, absolutely amazing! A small donation is in for your brilliant program..
    I got it working in Windows and Internet Express - wonderful, like an instant cure for a headache!

It doesn't seem to do anything with my Macbook Pro Retina OS X 10.8.3 using Chrome; it just displays the message as usual.
    I am following your instructions exactly. Might it work if I clicked 'Chrome' instead of 'Other' when running your patch?

I have returned the plugin to the orignal one in case of problems elsewhere.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  2. @jimihendrix272,

Are you following these instructions for Mac OS X?
    Quote Quote  
  3. @jimihendrix272,

In Google Chrome for Mac OS X, go to the address bar and load "chrome://plugins" after that click Details, then report to me the file path of "PepperFlashPlayer.plugin".
    Last edited by CHRONOMASTER; 24th Mar 2013 at 17:00.
    Quote Quote  
  4. /Applications/Google Chrome.app/Contents/Versions/25.0.1364.172/Google Chrome Framework.framework/Internet Plug-Ins/PepperFlash/PepperFlashPlayer.plugin
    Quote Quote  
  5. @jimihendrix272,

1. Go to the location of the "PepperFlashPlayer.plugin" file and open that file/folder.
    (You may need to right-click and select "Show Package Contents")

2. Copy the file "PepperFlashPlayer" to a computer with windows and patch the file using the "Other" option.
    (Change the file name mask option from Flash to All Files to see the file)

3. Copy back the patched "PepperFlashPlayer" and overwrite the original to the "PepperFlashPlayer.plugin" file/folder.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thank you Chrono, I did all that but it's the same - still get the message.
    Something is wrong; before I tried this tonight, I was in the process of trying to reinstall flash player but not successful so far. What is happening is that when I press full screen, there is a 2 second white screen before the picture returns, and then the sound is out of sync. If I reduce the screen again it comes back into sync!
    I am looking for a way of completely uninstalling Flash Player and reinstalling. Doesn't seem to be simple..
    Many thanks for your help, I will try again tomorrow
    Quote Quote  
  7. Managed to reinstall/update flash plugin by disabling it in the Chrome plugin page and then going to youtube. (Interestingly though, after reinstalling, the PepperFlashPlayer file wasn't changed.?).
    Now the full screen works well without the sound going out of sync.

The "Press Esc" etc banner is still appearing even after redoing the PepperPatchPlayer patch thing as you suggested.
    Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  8. This is amazing! Thank you for this program!

I have a small feature request -- I'm using it in Linux under Wine, and the GUI makes it hard to find the file. Could you make it so that if I pass a filename on the commandline, it just tries to patch that automatically? (Flash gets updated pretty frequently, so it would be helpful.)

Thank you again. Huge thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  9. @jimihendrix272,

I will need access to a machine with Mac OSX, I plan to setup a copy via VMWare, but I need to wait till about the 6th for my data limit to reset before I can download it. The only way to do it sooner is for me to do some testing on you machine via TeamViewer.

@epitron,

Thank you for the suggestion, I will add that feature in the next update.
    I am also thinking about recoding the program into java to make it more cross platform.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Excellent!

A Java version is a good idea.

Heck, for users who didn't care about the GUI, it could even be a Python script. (Linux/Mac both have Python installed by default.) That would make it really really tiny, and it could be included in Linux distros.

I could create and maintain a micro commandline-verison of Flash Patcher in Python, if you'd like!
    Quote Quote  
  11. That should be ok. I am UK based. Are you on Skype? Or can I give you my email address without the world seeing it? If you can bear it I would love to ask you what software you use to go about writing programs like you do.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Had troubles with Chrome and uninstalled it.
    I have redone everything again that you explained Chronomaster, now using Safari, and it's wonderful! Thank you so much..
    Quote Quote  
  13. @CHRONOMASTER
    I really appreciate your patch - that message is really annoying!
    I've created an AUR package https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/flash-fullscreen-patcher/
    using wine with the license set to 'custom:free to use'.
    If you think it's inappropriate or want to specify a different license let me know.

I support the suggestion by @epitron
    Having a cross-platform command line oriented tool would be a great enhancement.
    Thanks anyway!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Not working on latest chrome and firefox for me- Im getting "file already patched" in both browsers, but still getting the popup on videos
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by p1r473 View Post
    Not working on latest chrome and firefox for me- Im getting "file already patched" in both browsers, but still getting the popup on videos
    Latest version of Firefox I don't have problem

Latest version Chrome don't remove message
    but after uninstall Chrome with "Also delete your browsing data" selected and install again
    and again run Flash patcher 2.2 the message removed
    Backup Chrome bookmarks and login passwords if you uninstall with "Also delete your browsing data"
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by CHRONOMASTER View Post
    @jimihendrix272,

In Google Chrome for Mac OS X, go to the address bar and load "chrome://plugins" after that click Details, then report to me the file path of "PepperFlashPlayer.plugin".
    Thanks for explaining how to find the location of the pepper flash dll. Somehow I didn't see you'd put that this was for Mac OS X, but I tried it on Windows anyway and it worked, so thank you. It's strange, I tried patching Chrome the normal way, then finding the dll in the Users folder, but the real location that needed to be patched was here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\27.0.1453.94\Peppe rFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
    Quote Quote  
  17. Thank you very much for posting this patch.

It works great on sites that use regular flash, but ....

It doesn't work on Netflix (silverlight). Any patch for the silverlight file? Or ... can you tell me which silverlight file creates the "Press esc" message?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Using Chrome on Mac? I finally figured it out... I had flash 11.8, the patch is only up to 11.6--

first, type chrome:plugins as a url in Chrome, find flash player and disable all of it.

Uninstall flash player on your computer:
    http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

If you can't find the directories Adobe's telling you to remove, don't worry, it wasn't necessary for me.

Then go here to install an older version of flash-
    http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Look for the download that says:
    (Released 02/12/2013) Flash Player 11.6.602.167 and 11.6.602.168 (146.38 MB)

Install that. Don't worry about enabling flash in chrome, it enables the older version automatically after you install it.

Now follow the mac instructions to patch it:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/304807-How-to-remove-annoying-Press-Esc-to-message-...=1#post2068945

If you don't have access to a PC or a friend with one, you will need something like Parallels Desktop to run the patch- which means you'll also need to get a windows OS to make parallels work... good luck!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Arg, the link to the Chronopatcher 2.02 is broken!
    "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by theshadowrunner View Post
    Arg, the link to the Chronopatcher 2.02 is broken!
    "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
    Until that link is fixed by roma_turok or the admin, the patcher can be downloaded from my post here:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/304807?p=2063674#post2063674
    Quote Quote  
  21. Thanks Chrono!
    Got it and can confirm it still works perfect with v11.8.800.168.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Has anyone got this working for Chrome (latest beta version; 64bit Win7; latest version of flash)?

It works with Firefox.
    Quote Quote  
  23. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by CHRONOMASTER View Post
    Originally Posted by theshadowrunner View Post
    Until that link is fixed by roma_turok or the admin, the patcher can be downloaded from my post here:
    Please don't upload it to our forum.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/bac22a89a06975a8a39e7829f56e49dd7672468e9fc7a9591bb...is/1378920888/

They are probably false positives but that doesn't matter for my host provider.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Originally Posted by CHRONOMASTER View Post
    Originally Posted by theshadowrunner View Post
    Please don't upload it to our forum.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/bac22a89a06975a8a39e7829f56e49dd7672468e9fc7a9591bb...is/1378920888/

They are probably false positives but that doesn't matter for my host provider.
    No problem
    changed
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by =jinx= View Post
    Has anyone got this working for Chrome (latest beta version; 64bit Win7; latest version of flash)?
    No problem with Chrome Version 30.0.1599.37 beta-m and Flash version 11,8,800,170 (64bit Win7)

As I said before if you have problem with Chrome
    uninstall any Chrome versions with "Also delete your browsing data" selected and install Chrome again
    Backup Chrome bookmarks and login passwords if you uninstall with "Also delete your browsing data"
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    uninstall any Chrome versions with "Also delete your browsing data" selected and install Chrome again
    That worked a treat.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Flash Fullscreen Patcher 2.02 doesn't work with latest chrome version (29.0.1547.76)
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by flashfullscreen View Post
    Flash Fullscreen Patcher 2.02 doesn't work with latest chrome version (29.0.1547.76)
    Checked now in Version 29.0.1547.76 m in Windows 7 64bit don't have problem, message removed
    Try follow this steps:

Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    Originally Posted by flashfullscreen View Post
    Flash Fullscreen Patcher 2.02 doesn't work with latest chrome version (29.0.1547.76)
    Checked now in Version 29.0.1547.76 m in Windows 7 64bit don't have problem, message removed
    Try follow this steps:

hmm I really don't want to uninstall chrome, it will reset my extensions settings. I use Windows 8 32 bit btw...
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by flashfullscreen View Post
    hmm I really don't want to uninstall chrome, it will reset my extensions settings. I use Windows 8 32 bit btw...
    Try use Other button in program, to locate and select flash player file pepflashplayer.dll
    default locations:
    C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\29.0.1547.76\Peppe rFlash\
    C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\11.8.800.170\
    Last edited by roma_turok; 24th Sep 2013 at 16:52.
    Quote Quote