VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using DVD Fab Platinum to convert TV DVD ep to play on my Xbox 360, but dont really know what I should set the file sizes to, obviously I want the best quality, but dont know at what point it just ends up being a waste of space kinda, if you know what I mean. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. There's no way at all to determine a proper size, given that there are so many variables. Do CQ (constant quant, or constant quality) encodes for a quality you're happy with and don't worry so much about the file sizes. Different sources and different settings compress differently so there's no way to be able to give any hard and fast rules. I know nothing about DVD Fab Platinum, though, and have no idea whether or not it can even do CQ encodes, although most all-in-one programs for AVI creation have a Mode for that. You could try AutoGK and do a Target Quality encode for the default 75%. These are 1-pass encodes, so the results come much more quickly than the standard 2-pass encodes for a fixed size. I'm assuming you're making AVIs (XviD or DivX).
    Quote Quote