VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. What filter combo should I use to convert one track from my existing stereo audio source so that it is replicated to a new stereo out put having the "feel" of being stereo? [I am using VirtualDub.]

I want to do this because my existing stereo left track is virtually silent and I am willing to replace it since the source 2 generations ago I think was mono.

Thanks,

Bob
    Quote Quote  
  2. Fake Stereo effect:
    Code:
    Input
    Stereo Split
    Discard
    Stereo Chorus
    Output

Or for dual mono (same sound on right and left):
    Code:
    Input
    Stereo Split
    Discard
    Split
    Stereo Merge
    Output
    Quote Quote  
  3. Wow! That was great. Is there a way to tone down the reverb of the Stereo Chorus just a little?

Bob
    Quote Quote  
  4. Unfortunately, Stereo Chorus has no options. You might try a lowpass filter (set the cutoff higher than the default) to take the edge off afterwards.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can also use Audacity to generate pseudo-stereo. The easiest (and cheesiest) is simply to cut-and-paste to make a copy of the existing mono channel, but delay it by some small amount (e.g., 20-30ms).

Audacity has a reverb function as well, so you can use it instead of -- or in addition to -- the delay to provide a different pseudostereo effect. Audacity gives you some knobs to play with, so you can adjust the result to suit your taste. Of course, with any such operation, it's best to lower your expectations. Repeat until satisfied.
    Quote Quote