VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just installed Windows Vista Home. Works great. One problem. How do I put the Recycle Trash Bin on the desk top? On Windows XP and prior versions of Windows the Recycle Trash Bin was in acessories ............so I just send or drag it to the desk top. But in Vista the Recycle Trash Bin is not in acessories. Where is it?

How do I put the Recycle Trash Bin on the desk top?

tryin' byan
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    For some totally idiotic reasoning of Microsoft, you can delete the Vista Recycle Bin very easily, just by using the 'Delete' command when you open the Recycle Bin. To get it back, go to 'Control Panel>Appearance and Personalizations>Personalizations. In the left pane, click "Change desktop icons', then check the box for 'Recycle Bin' and it will show up on the desktop again.

With a bit of registry manipulation, you can disable that 'Delete' command. Or just remember where it went if you hit the 'Delete' the next time instead of the 'Empty Recycle Bin' command.

EDIT: Here's how to disable the 'Delete' Recycle Bin command if anyone's interested: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-deletion-of-the-recycle-bin-in-windows-vista/
    Quote Quote  
  3. All these icons are shortcuts, you can put them where you like them to be. Just right click copy then paste a copy to where you want it then remove the one you don't want. Some are system folders and can be changed from the properties of the start menu. You can customize things so much making it look like other OS.
    Quote Quote