VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I rip the DVD using Smart Ripper then I make a MPEG2 file using TMPGE. I make an SVCD complaint file and then it burns fine on NERO but when I go to play it in my Pioneer DVD player. When there is motion it sems to be very jittery. Could this be something in the bitrate settings? Please help I am not that familiar with the whole bitrate thing. Maybe it is something else entirely? Has this happened to any one?

Thanks,
    JJOLKR
    Quote Quote  
  2. I had a similar problem with a Panasonic DVD-LV55 portable player. The solution I found today is to burn the media as a non-compliant VCD instead of SVCD based on some of the docs on this website. I've been using Nero 5.5.5.6 and TMPEnc. I've written both 480x480 data and 720x480 data. I'm still tweaking this. Let me know if you need help.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well let me tell you I had $200 to buy a new DVD player to add to the 3 I allready have, so here what I needed it to play.

DVD, DVD-R, CD-R, CD-RW, VCD, XVCD, SVCD, XSVCD, maybe MP3.

Tried the following

Any Pansonic DVD player under $250, forget about SVCD or even VCD higher than 2520. Unless you want to sped extra time trying to tweak a SVCD into a VCD.
    Pioneer 343, 440, 444, 341, all were way to noisey and a OK picture

JVC - NO SVCD
    Toshiba - NO SVCD
    SONY - crap would not even reconize a SVCD Disc

Plus most of the above went crazy when I tried a VCD on a 99min. CD-R.
    Well did not want another apex, they are ok but picture is just ok.

I finally found a dream machine for only $99 that plays all the above and has the newer Video 27mhz, 10 bit D/A and Audio 96mhz, 24 bit.

Daewoo 5700, quite, clean picture and sound and best of all plays any media I throw at it, even the SVCD to VCD Nero trick. Even has MP3 and plays DVD-R and Mini DVD.
    Quote Quote