Hello, I have a Sony BDP-S350 Player and I have instruction on how to make it region-free.
the only problem is that it requires a One-For-All remote which I do not have.
Before buying this remote, I would like to be sure that this hack works on the US version of this player since I know it does on the European version, but not sure about mine (bought in Canada).
Can anyone confirm that they successfully hacked theirs?
Here is the hack:
Region free BDP-S350 for DVD playback only, BD untested.
Full procedure for a oneforall remote is as follows:
1. Press DVD
2. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
3. Press 0533
4. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
5. Press 994
6. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
7. Press 00189 (if your oneforall remote uses 4 digit or 3 digit codes, use less leading zeros)
8. Press 1 ( this sets it to key 1 - it flashes twice )
9. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
10. Press 994
11. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
12. Press 00255
13. Press 2 ( this sets it to key 2 - it flashes twice )
14. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
15. Press 994
16. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
17. Press 00095
18. Press 3 ( this sets it to key 3 - it flashes twice )
19. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
20. Press 994
21. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
22. Press 00221
23. Press 4 ( this sets it to key 4 - it flashes twice )
24. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
25. Press 994
26. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
27. Press 00079
28. Press 5 ( this sets it to key 5 - it flashes twice )
The remote is now programmed and ready to use, to make the BDP-S350 region free:
1. Use the remote that came with the player to bring the player out of standby, make sure there isn't a disc in it.
2. Press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the oneforall remote. The 24p light will start flashing
3. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote
4. Next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
By the way I am going to buy the One For All URC7030.
I don't think that the magic button flashes on this remote, but do you think it will still do the job?
EDIT : Never mind, I found out that the magic button on this remote DOES flash YAY!
hello can anyone one give me the hex codes for these buttons
i dont have the allinone remote