VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is it possible to use a 32bit program on 64 bit windows, or can I change it somehow?

The thing is I have a 32 bit image editing program I'm really used to - micrografx 10, and I dont' want to spend months learning Photoshop.

So is there a way I can get it working on 64 bit Vista?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Why not try it and find out?

You could also try something radical, such as googling it.
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Cmon dude obviously I'd try it before asking about it. When I open it it shuts down, and windows says there's a problem and it needs to close.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Obamargarine
    Cmon dude obviously I'd try it before asking about it. When I open it it shuts down, and windows says there's a problem and it needs to close.
    Then you use google. That is what it is for. If you googled, you would have found out that the answer is no.
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Right click on the shortcut for micrografx 10 and select properties/compatibility and choose to run the program in compatibility mode for winxp sp2.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can also install 32-bit Windows XP inside a virtual machine (MS VirtualPC, VMware, Sun VirtualBox, others).
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also check where program installed.

By some unknown stupidity, most programs are installed under the 64bit program folder ... but should have installed in the x86 program folder ... if this is what has happened, uninstall the program and when you reinstall it, make sure it installs under the x86 program files directory.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Micrografx\Picture Publisher 10\Pp10.exe" and right click.

Click the "Compatibility" Tab

Check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode" and select Windows XP Service Pack 2
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, I have never had to do "anything special" to run a 32 bit program on my Win 7 x64 HTPC

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote