VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Dell Inspirion laptop. My computer is connected to my wireless router, I am getting an excellent signal and connection, but my computer won't load any page. I have tried to open AOL Explorer, Internet Explorer and AOL 9.0 and none of them load up, they just keep loading and eventually freeze. I have no clue what is wrong. It's not the wireless router since I have an iMac and can connect through that no problem and my father's laptop works fine too, just not mine.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In a command prompt, type IPCONFIG and note your GATEWAY address.

In a browser, try viewing the gateway (example http://192.168.0.1). Most modems/routers have a web-based interface. As long as SOMETHING comes up your wireless is connected.

Laptop from school/work? In IE check TOOLS - INTERNET OPTIONS - CONNECTIONS - LAN SETTINGS. Try turning OFF the "Use Proxy Server..." option & try again. If that's it, remember to turn it back ON when returning to school/work.

Trevor
    Quote Quote  
  3. Connect through wire see if it connects, if it does its your wireless setup. Sometimes the software that comes with your wireless card doesn't connect correctly. Exit it and use the windows wireless setup and see if it connects. One easy way to check if you have MSN messenger it will check all the steps for you if it cannot connect. Mostly is DNS or gateway. Also see if there is an update for the software and driver. I think windows wireless is one of the easist to use VS the software that comes with it.
    Go to start Run> type CMD command console comes up type" ipconfig /all" without quotations and see which info is missing. This command gives you all your connection info.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Has it been working all along, and it just stopped working now? Or, are you trying to connect the laptop to the wireless for the first time?

Did you try rebooting the laptop and resetting the router and modem?
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own" - the Prisoner
    (NO MAN IS JUST A NUMBER)
    be seeing you ( RIP Patrick McGoohan )
    Quote Quote