VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have tried EVERYTHING on the net concerning the removal of the Acronis loader fatal error. On booting my computer, I get an error that says the boot drive (partition) is not found. I then have to press enter for the computer to boot from the normal operating system. I removed Acronis from my machine and nothing I do will get rid of this error. Even doing everything Acronis told me to do (plus many of things) it still happens. Has anyone ran into this problem and found a fix for it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you tried
    FIXMBR C:
    FIXBOOT C:
    BOOTCFG /rebuild
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It's been too long stiltman, I've forgotten how to get around in basic. Unless there is a program that I could use, I'm pretty well lost. In the process of moving and all my discs are in storage so I can't use the OS disk for XP.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try this method,its not that hard to do.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. johns0... Thanks for the reply. I did as instructed on your link and the ONLY thing different from their example is the last command (noExecute=Optout). Being a little gun-shy I thought I would ask if this might be the problem. Following is a copy of the line from my ini file.

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut

Edit... That didn't work, same old problem. I hate to think about it but it looks as if a format C: is just over the horizon.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like acronis did a boot folder setup,best to do what stiltman suggested,just read how to do it,its just a command line you can paste the info in.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Captain315
    It's been too long stiltman, I've forgotten how to get around in basic. Unless there is a program that I could use, I'm pretty well lost. In the process of moving and all my discs are in storage so I can't use the OS disk for XP.
    edit:
    OOOOPPPSSSS.....didn't read the part about not having your OS CD....
    OK, find someone that has any version of XP on a CD...Doesn't matter if it's Home/Pro etc.

Put in your XP CD and boot from it
    Choose R for recovery console
    Enter the number for your XP installation (usually 1)
    Enter admin password
    Run the three commands at the command prompt in the order I listed
    type exit to reboot

Basically, you're doing the old DOS/win9X command of "fdisk /mbr" but for XP
    You're rebuilding the master boot record

BTW, my instructions are form memory, so getting into the recovery console might be a little different, but you get the idea. Oh and this can NOT be done from a cmd prompt within XP...Has to be from a seperate boot method. XP's CD being the easiest
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks stiltman... I will find a copy and give it a try. Hope that will fix the problem. I appreciate the help.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Did what you suggested stiltman but it was to no avail. Now I'm in the process of restoring all my programs. Does anyone know of a disk cloning software that's easy to work with and doesn't mess with your bios and such like Acronis did? Would appreciate and suggestions.
    Quote Quote