VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Guys,

I have a whole bunch of mod files (25) I that I recorded off my camcorder, but I need to get the audio only off it. I am lost because all I can find are useless trail software that do not help me. I've tried to look for a guide but none are available. Also, I need to edit the audio as well, in terms of removing parts, how can I do this?

Thank you very much
    Quote Quote  
  2. Most camcorder mod files are mpeg2 video with ac3 audio

Editing as a wave file is more editing friendly than mp3 or wma

You can use vdub with the mpeg2 plugin or avidemux

In vdub, file=>save wave

In avidemux, audio=>save (this will just stream copy the audio instead of re-encoding it). Note you can encode it to mp3 by changing the audio sidebar to "mp3" instead of copy

A free audio editor is audacity. To remove parts, you could select and press delete

All these tools are free
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much!!!!

Now another question, I was doing the recording for a group project, so thats why I have 25 bits. Now if I wanted to join them to have a seemless audio, how would I do this?

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I would join the mod files first. In avidemux, file=>append (I don't think vdub will not append mod files, only avi files)

If they are sequentially numbered, I think it should append them all automatically
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah avidemux, however you'll have to manually append them..At least the one's I've tried..
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  6. ^yes in some versions, I think that auto append feature was broken. It works fine for sequentially numbered files in 2.4.4 (just tested it)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just curious, how are yours sequentially numbered?..

MOV020.MOD
    MOV021.MOD
    MOV022.MOD
    etc..

This sequence is not working for me...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi t0nee1 - I just tried a 1.mod, 2.mod, 3.mod sequence and it worked for me

01.mod, 02.mod, 03.mod works too

I just renamed them MOV01.mod, MOV02.mod, MOV03.mod and it works too .... as does MOV020.mod, MOV021.mod...etc...

Avidemux 2.4.4 installed version
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Figures it be that simple, thanks...
    @OP sorry for the hijack....
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Guys,

I'm using the program that you said to use (avidemux), and I appended all the files! However, when I am saving the file, it doesnt allow me to save as audio....the only options are save as video or save as bmp, jpeg... I selected save as video and specified audio.mp3 but it is also saving the video....

I changed the option for Audio to MP3, the video is set as COPY and format is AVI.... sigh helllp
    Quote Quote  
  11. audio (top menu)=>save

It will save it as whatever you set the audio sidebar to (e..g copy, mp3, pcm wav etc..)

or cnrl+alt+s
    Quote Quote