VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Well i have tried different formats and they all turn out the same as i wrote above, so for the film i have handbrake doesn't work but makemkv does so back to the drawing board as ripbot doesn't work either
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I guess you may have to use Handbrake to shrink it down. I use Window 7 and found the problem at Handbrake web site.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have successfully managed to use handbrake i used 0.9.3 because i prefer AVI and it just wasn't working so i downloaded 0.9.4 and it worked perfectly in about 6 hours and i used the main film rather than the makemkv file as 0.9.3 didn't seem to allow the main film to work
    Quote Quote  
  4. That's what I first tried to do (MakeMKV + Handbrake) ...
    1 (big) problem: Handbrake cannot "read" the subtitles from the mkv created by MakeMKV !

Not everyone has english mothertongue and watching US/UK-movies only! (I speak French and I like US, German and Asian movies! And I hate dubbed movies!)

Any solution? (I'm on Mac)Thanks!
    Bruno, 30
    Brussels, Belgium
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by brunitou View Post
    That's what I first tried to do (MakeMKV + Handbrake) ...
    1 (big) problem: Handbrake cannot "read" the subtitles from the mkv created by MakeMKV !

Not everyone has english mothertongue and watching US/UK-movies only! (I speak French and I like US, German and Asian movies! And I hate dubbed movies!)

Any solution? (I'm on Mac)Thanks!
    I guess that you may go to Handbrake web site to post question and they are very helpful to answer.
    Quote Quote  
  6. how do i put the Film preset in the presets window?
    what are the settings or how do i create a preset or find the preset to add?
    Quote Quote  
  7. figured it out the newer version has scrubbed those presets
    Quote Quote  
  8. What settings should I use for Handbrake? The newer version no longer has, Film Presets or PS3.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,newbie want to ask

if i include the subtitles use MakeMKV,what format will be become? PGS? or SUB/IDX?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  10. I've used Baldrick's guide how to shrink mkv file and everythig went fine very first time. Size got decreased from 18.6GB to 8.13GB. It let me keep 2 audio tracks and Eng. subs. Only problem was not visible total running time while playing new mkv with VLC player. It was easy fix with running new mkv through mkvmergeGUI.
    But whole process took almost 9 hrs...
    Last edited by konik111; 4th Oct 2011 at 09:30.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    9 hours to remux with mkvmergegui???
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    9 hours to remux with mkvmergegui???
    Oh my...
    Of course converting using Handbrake took almost 9 hrs.
    Remux using mkvmergeGUI was only like 3 min.

Sorry for not precise post
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys,

First off, thanks to the original poster, this was a very friendly guide. I have a BDMV folder which contains an entire bluray's content. First, I demuxed using tsmuxer and got a h264 video file, a dts file and a sup file. I then muxed them usig mkvmerge, and my plan was to shrink the size using Handbrake.

The problem is that the mkv file has slow video and lasts about twice as much as the original content. I did check the original FPS which are 25, but specified it in mkvmerge anyway, so I don't know what else could be wrong.

Any ideas? Here are mediainfo specs of one of the m2ts files and the resulting mkv, just in case it helps for suggestions.

Thanks!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just realized the problem may have originated when demuxing, as the 264 file that resulted from tsmuxer lasts about 4h50m, more than twice of the original Here is Mediainfo on the 264 file:

General
    Complete name : \\PCH-A200\share\Download\VANESSA PARADIS ENCODE\00000+00001+00013+00015+00016+00017+00018+0 0019+00020.track_4113.264
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    File size : 30.5 GiB

Video
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Maximum bit rate : 33.2 Mbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Standard : NTSC
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Baldrick,

Great guide you have here. Just wondering if you know or anyone on here knows what is the best software to convert MKV to iPad?

I've been using 'ImToo iPad Video Converter 6' but sometimes the video and audio go out of sync and the frames per second seems to be reduced.

Thanks,

Adam Lowe.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Make a new thread instead of answering in this thread. https://forum.videohelp.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=18
    Quote Quote  
  17. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I installed the app and the only thing I see here is a big button. There is nothing else to do but to click this big button to start with. So, when I click it, the message I receive is that "this functionality is shareware, you may evaluate it for 30 days, blah blah...".

When I downloaded from the official site, I could not find any indication that this is shareware, on the contrary, all info says that features are free (while in beta).

I would say that, unless I am doing something wrong, you are misleading people into believing this is freeware. It is not. I can't do anything without "starting my trial period".

I have nothing against shareware apps, I do have a lot against misleading people into wasting time installing something that is NOT what it is wanted. I want a freeware solution to my problem and if I can't find one, no problem, I can live with it.

Please, update the info about your app. It is shareware, not freeware.

By the way, my blu-ray is not encrypted, so your app was not supposed to decrypt it, still, can't do it because it is shareware.
    Quote Quote  
  18. It is Shareware...but also free while in beta. The key is updated on the forum page:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yohoho View Post
    Maybe I am doing something wrong but I installed the app and the only thing I see here is a big button. There is nothing else to do but to click this big button to start with. So, when I click it, the message I receive is that "this functionality is shareware, you may evaluate it for 30 days, blah blah...".

When I downloaded from the official site, I could not find any indication that this is shareware, on the contrary, all info says that features are free (while in beta).

I would say that, unless I am doing something wrong, you are misleading people into believing this is freeware. It is not. I can't do anything without "starting my trial period".

I have nothing against shareware apps, I do have a lot against misleading people into wasting time installing something that is NOT what it is wanted. I want a freeware solution to my problem and if I can't find one, no problem, I can live with it.

Please, update the info about your app. It is shareware, not freeware.

By the way, my blu-ray is not encrypted, so your app was not supposed to decrypt it, still, can't do it because it is shareware.

bad start for a first post. don't dig up old threads for your own purposes. start your own thread. don't whine. ask for help nicely. you don't even say what software you are complaining about. if perhaps it is by some off chance makemkv, then go to the page that link takes you to and read it - CAREFULLY. it is currently free while in beta development.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    It is Shareware...but also free while in beta. The key is updated on the forum page:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

Thank you!

Why doesn't the author make it clear in the front page of his app? Why do I have to dig deep into forum posts to find this out? Doesn't make sense (answering to the post above).

I just dislike shareware apps that try to hide the fact that they are shareware. I am tired of installing "freeware" apps just to find out that they are not free at all.
    Quote Quote  
  21. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Ask the author??

But makemkv is worth some digging. It's the best dvd/blu-ray to mkv software (without shrinking).
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Ask the author??

But makemkv is worth some digging. It's the best dvd/blu-ray to mkv software (without shrinking).
    The best... mmh i dont think so
    The easiest of course but in my chapterEditor you find the "multi-editions-editor"(mee) and you have a bit more control about the resulting mkv.
    (cutting, trimming, chapter naming, track order ...)

But the most advantage is:
    You can keep a BD with multiple editions of the move in 1 mkv file with the corresponding chapter.xml and tags.xml.

Im not sure, but i think makemkv isn't able to create such multi-edition-mkv's.
    Quote Quote