VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can convert .mkv files to formats playable on DVD or PS3 no prob and losing no video quality, BUT here is where my problem begins. I have .mkv files that have 2 audio tracks English and Japanese and also two subtitle tracks English and Japanese. almost every program I've tried converts the file no prob but it keeps only the first audio track, the English one and I lose the Japanese and both subtitle tracks. I know there is a way to get this done and keep both audio and both subtitles, I just don't know how. Please help me out. I don't care if its hard as hell to do or if it lowers video quality a little bit just want both audio tracks and both subs still in there.

I have many .mkv files and have no problem converting them without losing video quality, but I have some .mkv files that have two audio tracks and two subtitle tracks. Here is where my problem begins.
    I want to be able to convert the file to any file playable on normal DVD players or PS3, but I want to keep both audio tracks and both subtitle tracks. I know there is a way to do this I just cant find the right way to do it. No matter which converter I use I always lose one of the audio tracks and both subtitle tracks. If there was just some way to separate the video from the audio and the subtitles maybe then I could just make a new file which would definitely be playable on PS3 and/or DVD players.
    I need some help doing this so please if you know how help me out.
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are you converting to vob or mp4?

If mp4 you can add the second audio track using yamb. But I don't know if the ps3 supports mp4 with two tracks then.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    any format would do. I don't even need it to be playable on both DVD and PS3 just one of those two, but as I mentioned before I need both subtitle tracks and both audio.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The only option would be to make a real dvd-video as the ps3 doesn't support soft/switchable subs in mp4. You can try DVD Flick, extract the audio and subs from the mkv using mkvextract and load in dvd flick.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ Im gonna try this right now hope it works
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there anyway to convert .mkv files like the ones that were referenced above with 2 audio tracks into .mp4 or .Mov and still keep the secondary audio/sub on a Mac so i can play it on my Ipod?
    Quote Quote