VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone at the great videohelp.com site!!

I have recently bought a Blu-ray reader(pioneer) to my computer and I want to start ripp Blu-ray, convert it somehow to .WMV files with burned in subtitle, so that I would have only one .wmv file with subtitle in it or else I can't play it on my mobile phone and other devices that supports .wmv I'm not microsoft fan, but I just want it to be in wmv files.

I've noticed that AnyDVD HD is the software for Blu-ray, HDDVD and DVD ripping. ISn't it? So I tried it out and it worked great. I accessed the folder found several .m2ts files, figured out that the biggest one probably would be the movie file. I played it up in MPC, found out that this type of files contains several movie angles, sounds in several languages, and allot of subtitles. I tried this with mamma mia.

So next think was to continue reading in the forum and search for guides to achieve what I was looking for. I found an explaination that I can separate the contained .m2ts and extract whatever I want and leave out the rest that I don't need. And I used the tsMuxer from the smartlabs, which works great, but I've not figured out what all the functions are.

So I extracted the movie and got a file in ".vc1" another file in ".dts" and the last in ".sub" I know that the sub is subtitle, the .dts is the sound and the .vc1 probably is the motionpicture.

So, how should I now move forward to mux it(that's what it's called right)? Or whatever the way is,
    To make one .wmv file with the burned in subtitle?? I want to make files in 1-2GB/hour I think that's the compressed 720p "outhere".

Balderick recommended subrip to convert the .sub to .srt files, is that really necessary?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you want burned in subs you don't "mux" it, you must reconvert it. But I don't think you will find an all-in-one solution for m2ts with subs to wmv encoding, maybe AutoMKV(free) or something like Total Video Converter($$). Or else maybe convert the m2ts with burned in subs to mp4 using Ripbot264 and then reconvert the mp4 to wmv using Encode360.

But do you really have a mobile phone with 720p wmv video support?!?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the answer.

Actually my phone doesn't support the 720P. Reason that I want to make it 720P is to save space on my HDD because 30-40GB for a movie is allot of space for me, 4-8GB would be ok, and I don't have a veryvery big tv anyway. But it's nice to have it in HD.
    And burning in subtitle is for mobile phone. Of course it would be much smaller, I don't wanna buy both a dvd and a blu-ray to compress like that. Right now I'm usin imtoo dvd ripper to make movies for my mobile but it doesn't support the blu ray encoding.

Are you sure that total video converter support m2ts conversion to wmv? does it work with subtitle also?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    TVC claims to support m2ts but I have not tried it.

Or try HDConvertToX. Not so simple but should work.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi, I've followed one of the guide and managed to integrated subtitle and selected demuxed sound into one mkv file. is there any suggestion besides encode360 and TVC for converting the mkv file to wmv?
    Quote Quote  
  6. You could use avisynth + WMNicEnc. You must know the basics of avisynth to do this method. I would use tsmuxer to generate the main movie and main audio in .m2ts

For the subs, you can convert the image based .sup to text based .srt using suprip or supread, or it might be easier to download from a subs database, because some OCR will be involved. You would then use textsub() to hardsub

Or you could use BDSup2Sub, which will convert to idx/sub format similar to DVD subs. Then you could use vobsub() to hardsub

This is for burned in subs, not selectable (muxed in) subs
    Quote Quote  
  7. thanks for the answer, I've already muxed it into .mvk files with everything I want. Now I need to convert the mkv file to ".wmv" file. And I'm looking for some good application for doing that. I want to keep the 5.1 channels also.

Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    You could use avisynth + WMNicEnc. You must know the basics of avisynth to do this method. I would use tsmuxer to generate the main movie and main audio in .m2ts

For the subs, you can convert the image based .sup to text based .srt using suprip or supread, or it might be easier to download from a subs database, because some OCR will be involved. You would then use textsub() to hardsub

Or you could use BDSup2Sub, which will convert to idx/sub format similar to DVD subs. Then you could use vobsub() to hardsub

This is for burned in subs, not selectable (muxed in) subs
    Quote Quote  
  8. You can use vc12avi , avi-mux gui, solveig asf muxer, +/- windows media stream editor

Read this thread (maybe start from the end)
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=119785

I think you will lose your subs, because they are not burned in
    Quote Quote