VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am very new to this whole torrent thing, and DVD I used to be very computer litarate but that was like 8 years ago before they had all this new technology. Anyhow, I downloaded something supposed to be a video, and all the files are in .rar form. I downloaded winrar, but am unsure how you even use it. If someone could please help me that would be great.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have installed WinRar - open the folder, right click on the file, select "unrar".

A .rar file is like a .zip file.

BTW: If you have antivirus like AVG or Avast - be certain to right click the .rar file and scan it for viruses.

Knowing where most .rar files come from these days, it's best to be safe.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Always, always check the FAQ after coming to a new site. Wherever you downloaded the file from probably also has a guide or FAQ on how to work with their files.

Also, if you can legitimately get the video, whether on DVD or iTunes (or other reputable means) you should do so, rather than risking getting a virus or a shitty rip/cam.

BTW, rar files have been around much longer than 8 years and are not "all this new technology".
    Quote Quote