VideoHelp Forum

Try DVD Fab Video Downloader and rip Netflix video! Or Try DVD Fab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Is it possible to cut bits of a TS file and get another shorter TS file without demuxing?
    I don't see the way in the options.

Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, there's a "to TS" option in "Prepare".

I used it and got a file with "rec" extension that was playable with VLC.

The problem is one I already faced before. There's no way to keep the subtitles.

I think there's no application nowadays that can't cut a TS file and keep the subtitles. Too bad.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is a convoluted way you can achieve a TS file + subtitle albeit as a separate file.
    First edit your file in ProjectX and demux to get the subtitle track - make sure you also 'save cuts'.
    Then reopen ProjectX via the 'save cuts' file - this will put your video file back into the time line with all your edits. Then go to Prepare and save as a TS file using the To TS option. With or without the Topfield header.

You now have 2 edited files with the same prefix name and suffixes srt and TS or rec...

Can't remember if the Topfield will pick up a separate sub file or not as I moved on to the Beyonwiz PVR about 18 months ago. The BW certainly does it.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 7 Ultimate, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote