VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. That's a codec problem right? Or is it a problem with the .avi file itself?

If it's a Codec problem, does anyone else know what I might need to fix it? I've got the DivX 4.0 codecs, the Tsunami Codec Pack, and the SMR patch. Is there another one I need?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When do you see this message? Normally this will popup while capturing from a non working FW 1394 device!
    Look at DirectX Info, you should see anything you got there.
    Quote Quote  
  3. When I go to load the file in my media player.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If this is a regualr avi file, please open it with the VirtualDub Hex editor and look for the FourCC code to identify the Codec.
    The goto to your registry with regedit and serach for this code under:
    \Local_Machine\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\drivers32
    with vidc.<FourCC>
    if you don't see an approbiate entry, try download the codec. It can be found with google.
    BTW: what is the FourCC of your avi?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Unless that baby takes a REAL long time to load, the hex is blank. But yet, the .avi is 124mb. Is it just corrupted?

For reference, the vidc's in my registry under that key are DIV3, DIV4, DIVX, MP42, MP43.

Any others you recommend (or places in the registry I need to look?)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If it's completly blank, the files seems to be corrupted.AFAIK know .avi have a certain RIFF structure, but some are not RIFF and can only be played by certain players (try Mediaplayer 7.5/Quicktime/Realplayer etc).
    As long as you don't need a codec, I wouldn't install it.I doing this just in time.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yea, just tried playing it on GDIVX and The Playa, and nothing. It's got to be screwed up.

OK, I'll just have to find another one.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you're welcome!
    Quote Quote