VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have transferred about 20 mini DV tapes to my computer to start editing. If you sort the files by creation date it is the date they were put on the computer.

Is there a way to change this date to when the clip was actually shot? It would make it much easier to put together and find the clips you want.

thanks

Bill
    Quote Quote  
  2. Would it work if the filenames had the dates so you can sort that way? If so, this would be pretty straightforward with our DV processor and a short VBScript. I'll try to pull something together for you in the next day or so.
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
  3. I would really like to have it have the creation date under windows be the same as the capture date. I found a program that will let you change the file name to the capture date (DVdate). Works well but would still like it to be in the file properties so can't be changed easily
    Quote Quote  
  4. Would like to find a program that did it in batch editing where the program would pick up the date code on it's own.
    Quote Quote  
  5. OK - I think I can do that. Let me know if you are interested - I could probably have something by the end of the week.

To confirm, you want to change the file's creation date based upon the DV date/time at the the start of the captured AVI file? Are the files all in the same folder and, if so, are they the only DV AVI files in the folder? i.e., would it be sufficient to specify a folder rather than a list of files?
    John Miller
    Quote Quote