VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just want to know if there is a way. I keep a lot of music on my computer but I spend a lot of time driving. I have this stack of DVD-R discs just sitting here on my desk with so much more space than a CD-R. If there is possibly a way to put music on a DVD in a format that my CD player could read i would be able to put so much more music on one disc and i wouldn't be trying to flip through hundreds of CDs while I'm driving. Is there any way...?
    Quote Quote  
  2. CD player will not see the dvd. If your player can read MP3 's a cd can hold a lot more. Trend is to plug MP3 player into car player either by a banana jack or an adapter on some cassette players. Some MP3 players have RF transmitter that car radio can be tuned to. Transmitters are sold separately too but may not work properly if all the FM stations are full depending on where you live.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So, if i have my music as mp3 how do i burn it in that format? if i use windows media player to burn it it will be wma right? i just got nero so i can save some of my scratched dvds but i havent had the time to figure out how to use it yet. sorry to be asking such novice questions. i figure it out as i go
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What i did was buy a car stereo with a usb port,now i can play a couple thousand mp3 songs on an 8gb stick.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Burn as a data cd format if your deck supports mp3. CDBurnerXP is good free alternative. Might want to run mp3's through MP3Gain first b4 burning so some tracks won't play obnoxiously louder than others. There is a tool, that I don't recall at the moment but maybe MP3Tag would work, for sorting...but shouldn't be a problem if files are named and tagged well or you throw a playlist or two on disc as well. Otherwise, get a mp3 player, preferably one that http://www.rockbox.org supports, and plug to a deck with a line-in [may need adapter to RCA style or other].
    Quote Quote