VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Howdy, I'm trying unsucessfully to change my SV2000 WV10D6's region code to 0 to play British DVDs. Following the hacks listed on the site, I can get the two different menus to come up, but can't seem to get any response from the region code hack.

Has anyone else tried this and had the same problem? Is there some on-screen confirmation when this is done correctly? A speed you're supposed to type in the code? The disc I've been trying to use is a region 2-6 (rather than just a region 2), could this be causing the problem?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    All players can't be hacked. Hacks that used to work may not work any more due to hardware changes by the manufacturer.

While it's certainly possible to create a disc for regions 2-6 and not region 1, I've never heard of that. Do you mind telling what this DVD is? Just curious.

It's getting harder and harder all the time to make DVD players sold North America go into region free mode. Every day it seems to get more and more grim for consumers. Some companies no longer make any players that can be unlocked anywhere in the world (Samsung, for example).

You can always rip the DVD to remove the region coding and reburn it, but that will assume that your DVD player can either convert the PAL video output to NTSC or your TV can display a PAL signal.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, the disc was a surprise to me, as well. It's for regions 2-6 in PAL format. It's Eddie Izzard's "Sexie Live" comedy show -- released everywhere but in the US, of course. Here's a pic.

My sister has a lot more discs on the way as she's moving back stateside, so I was really hoping to use the player she already had. Thanks!

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by igor_iii
    Yeah, the disc was a surprise to me, as well. It's for regions 2-6 in PAL format. I was really hoping to use the player she already had.
    Most likely that is NOT going to happen. You can't even hack the player to "region free".
    If you were able to hack the machine you would STILL need the machine(player) to
    convert the PAL signal to your NTSC television.

As has been stated already...a region hack alone will NOT solve the problem.
    Quote Quote