VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Until recently I was using MediaPlayer Classic, version 6.4.9.1. But when I tried to take an occasional snapshot it would fail with the obscure error message "GetCurrentImage failed, hr = 8000ffff". I then followed a recommendation from SanderMan to try Media Player Classic Homecinema and that seemed to work OK. But I've just used it on a 16:9 movie clip and was disappointed to find that the resultant images were 720x576 (1.25:1). So far I haven't found any way to change that. Anyone know what's happening here please?

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK
    Quote Quote  
  2. for mpc, it has to be using vmr7 or vmr9 (renderless) for renderer, you can find it in the options

it might also depend on what decoder you are using, e.g. using ffdshow for mpeg2 decoding, it displays anamorphic screenshots correctly

warning: using a different renderer will change the appearance compared to overlay mixer, eg. vmr9 renderless will make the luminance low and colors faded.

another option is to use kmplayer which can take screenshots "as you see", or the native frame size
    Quote Quote  
  3. Excellent, thanks. I went back to MPC and using vmr9 renderless I can now get correct AR snapshots.

But I can't do so in KMPlayer! Is there some hidden setting to achieve this please, as there is in MPC?

--
    Quote Quote  
  4. KMPlayer has the same video output options.

Options -> Preferences -> Video Processing -> Renderer...
    Quote Quote  
  5. ctrl+alt+e will capture "what you see" ; you don't have to use a set renderer unlike mpc
    ctrl+e will capture the original frame

you can set up the options by right clicking, there is a capture sub menu
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks both, got it now,

BTW, sometimes (not consistently) I can get a capture with the PrtScr key.

--
    Quote Quote  
  7. If the player is using the graphics card's Video Overlay feature Print Screen will give you a blank window.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Delete the post.
    Last edited by Charmer; 10th Aug 2011 at 12:19.
    Quote Quote