VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    How did you copy a double layer Quantum of Solace Main Movie to a DVD disc with all free tools? The Shrink3.2 compressed it about 66%. It caused the movie freezing in some points. Can you copy the main movie well?
    Quote Quote  
  2. did you try the free part of dvdfab? it will do main movie only.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    <----HOW TO...DVD Backup.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by minidv2dvd
    did you try the free part of dvdfab? it will do main movie only.
    Free part of DVDFab cannot burn a disc, can it? We are talking about burning the double layer main movie to the disc with all free tools.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDFab -> DVD Rebuilder - Imgburn -> DVD SL
    DVD Fab -> Imgburn -> DVD DL +R (Verbatim)

All free
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. who cares if it can burn a disc. that's not it's job. use the right tools for each job. imgburn is the tool of choice for any dvd burning.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    DVDFab -> DVD Rebuilder - Imgburn -> DVD SL
    DVD Fab -> Imgburn -> DVD DL +R (Verbatim)

All free
    Do you mean using the DVD rebuilder to compress the double layer DVD? How about selection of the main movie? I am talking about not only compression but also copy main movie? Can DVD RB and ImgBurn do it? Have you already copied the main movie to the 4.7GB disc with the DVD RB and ImgBuen, by the way?
    Quote Quote  
  8. coody,
    You've been a member for four years and it seems every release Tuesday you ask the same question.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Rip the disc, use DVD shrink to re-author to another folder with only the main video and audio/subpic you want (do not compress). Trim the beginning and end if you want. Use free DVD-Rebuilder to re-encode to fit SL disc and burn with Imgburn.

Jason
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDFab HD Decrypter has a Main Movie option, so you can rip it directly to your HDD as a Movie only rip, ready for burning to DL.

Coody - life must wonderful for you. Every day is a new adventure because when you wake up, you seem to have forgotten everything that has happened in your past.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MOVIEGEEK
    coody,
    You've been a member for four years and it seems every release Tuesday you ask the same question.
    It seems you like wasting your time. Did you do it all the time since March 8, 2002, by the way?
    Quote Quote  
  12. coody,
    The tools mentioned above have been around for over four years,nothing has changed in regards to DVD backup in that time.If DVDFab or AnyDVD can't rip a DVD then nothing will.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    DVDFab HD Decrypter has a Main Movie option, so you can rip it directly to your HDD as a Movie only rip, ready for burning to DL.

Coody - life must wonderful for you. Every day is a new adventure because when you wake up, you seem to have forgotten everything that has happened in your past.
    It is regarding to copy main movie, compression AND 4.7GB DVD but rather DL. For a DL, there is no problem at all. Probably you just forgot about it.
    Quote Quote  
  14. If backing up a DVD is that difficult for you then I suggest you "buy" another copy.
    I'm done with this thread,have fun.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You have all the answers you need to do this. If it is still beyond you then it is time for you to find a different hobby. This is DVD101 stuff, not rocket science, not brain surgery. Instead of complaining because someone hasn't actually offered to come around to your house and do it for you, how about you get off your lazy arse and try out some of the advice you have been given.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you were in Sydney, Office Works are giving it away with every stack of blank DVD-R's you buy - a long trip I know!
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote