VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there any way (when you convert) to change .ass subtitles' size and position in a .mkv without extracting them? Is there any directshow filter (directvobsub doesn't affect subtitles) or even a video converter that really supports reconfiguring .ass subtitles?

Thanks in advance , Jadas.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Avidemux has a ass/ssa subtitle plugin that can change size/position, so assuming you are hardcoding, this should work, but some builds are buggy you might have to play with a few versions before getting it to work properly

To do it perfectly/reliably , it takes 3 seconds to edit the .ass to change font size, just change the number in notepad (you don't even need aegisub to do this). It takes a few more seconds to change the position. If you have multiple styles / font sizes at different parts of the video it might take a bit longer, but still pretty easy to do.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry for my late answer.
    I know how to handle subs if I extract them, but the point is to convert without having to extract anything. What if I have attachments with multiple fonts?
    I just try to find a way to adjust ass subtitles, like I adjust srt subtitles with directvobsub or subtitler filter in ffdshow.
    Quote Quote