I've been getting more familiar with TSPE (which IMO is currently the best software available for making frame-accurate edits of raw H.264 transport files) and have a few feature requests:
It would also be nice to have a guide which explains each of the many program options in more detail. Although I'm not an A/V nOOb, I'm not a hardcore advanced user who understands all the little nuances of transport streams, PIDs, timestamps, etc. Many of the options look interesting, but I'm not sure what they do or how to properly use them.
- 1. As described in a previous post, the ability to preview in PTS mode so frame advances can be time-based rather than byte-position based. This would make it much quicker to visually advance through a file in a linear timeline fashion.
2. The ability to customize the keyboard shortcuts including being able to specify the advance rates. For example, I'd like to be able to map the PgUp key to jump ahead by 10 frames or by 8 seconds (or whatever).
3. The ability to save to MKV format with support for adding chapters (either manually within the software or by browsing to an external chapter file). What I'm thinking of would be similar to the way mkvMergeGUI handles inserting chapters in a MKV file.
4. The ability to save custom global program settings. To clarify, I'd like to be able to save ALL the current program settings to a custom profile with the ability to load that profile later. For example, I use different settings when I'm remuxing or demuxing. I'd like to be able to save those individual settings and recall them later.
5. Although the feature list mentions being able to scan for commercial detection, I don't see how to do this. I'd like to be able to click a button labeled "find next commercial break" (or whatever) and TSPE would automatically scan and stop at the next break. From there i could tweak the exact break using frame advance if necessary. Currently I manually advance through the file until I'm near a commercial break, then manually frame advance until I'm at the exact spot I'd like to cut.
I realize this is a beta and these requests are time consuming, but they are really just food for thought and basically a "wish list" at the moment.
I've been thoroughly impressed with the author's support of this product and he really seems to be on the ball and responsive to user requests and problems. For that reason I decided to purchase a full license. TSPE really is the best/easiest software available for accomplishing the tasks it is designed to do. No other program I've found at any price can do what it does (including Adobe Premiere which can't even open raw H.264 transport files from my HDPVR 1212, let alone edit them at the frame level).
I'd encourage anyone using this software regularly to go ahead and support the author by purchasing it - I'm sure everything we see now is the result of hundreds of hours of hard work.
Keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to each new release!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
I would like to see a better video scrubber, which I think was touched on in the above post. Seems the slide and video advance are not synched.
Oh yeah, the crashing. That would be a nice fix also .........
I am ready to purchase, but need it working on basic stuff first.
Additional Feature requests:
- Ability to join multiple files with at the very least similar recorded attributes (resolution/framerate/bitrate, etc).