VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    I am a Mac OS X 10.5.6 user.I am newbie newbie in video encoding. I have a video that i took with my Canon SD950 IS at the highest quality possible. 1024x768.
    Movie Clips : Yes, 1024 x 768 @ 15 fps, 640 x 480 @ 30/15 fps, 320 x 240 @ 30/15 fps, 160 x 120 @ 15 fps

I wanted to upload that video to Youtube so its seems the nicest as possible.Like optimizing it. But, i am completely lost.I don't know which video encoder to download or which settings to apply.
    So far, i uploaded my video from the original source to youtube and i am not happy with the results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lBb6icZmms
    Please help me.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    YouTube converted your video to 320x240, H.264/AAC.
    Is it the detail (resolution) that you are not happy with, or something else?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Case
    YouTube converted your video to 320x240, H.264/AAC.
    Is it the detail (resolution) that you are not happy with, or something else?
    Yep, i don't know.. i don't see it very detailed as the orig.Youtube didn't even placed the HQ button.I believe it could be seen better... considering the orig resolution is much larger..i want it to look the best as possible when uploaded to youtube.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    15fps is a jerky quick slide show not smooth video. Your material is shakey hand held which ideally would be shot 60 or more fps. YouTube trys to interpolate your 15fps to 30fps resulting in blurred frames.

In other words, back off resolution in favor of frame rate if you want smoother motion. With your camera, 640 x 480 @ 30 fps would get better results.

Also try to hold the camera still. A monopod would help.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote