VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. EDITED I will modify my question to "What are some of the ways you can quickly make a DVD with menus without having all the VOB files available and not doing a total re-authoring?" I have found one way using VobBlanker

NOTE: This question only applies to non copyrighted or legally allowed downloaded DVD Directories.
    I know there is software to rip from the DVD or the complete DVD Directory

IF a Full DVD Dir is available for download and you only want to download the main movie with menus what software can you use to author a DVD.
    -side note (If you didn't want menus I believe you could just download the main movie VOB's and author a DVD?)

1a downloaded the
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.BUF
    There was no VIDEO_TS.VOB
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUF
    VTS_01_0.VOB
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB

VTS_02_0.IFO
    VTS_02_0.BUF
    VTS_02_0.VOB
    b did not download the VTS_02.1.VOB

c did the same as VTS_02_X.XXX for 03 to 14

Saved about 600 MB of VOB data download

2 Opened DVD Dir with DVD shrink but got error
    3. Used FixVTS but menus didn't work when using software player.

4. Opened DVD Dir\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO with VobBlanker
    a selected Blank Auto
    b processed
    c open directory with DVD Shrink and burned with ImgBurn

using VobBlanker the the DVD plays and the menus work (except for the ones pointing to the missing VOB's) but there is a slight delay when some are clicked (maybe I have to still some or other)

I suppose if you knew what one of the other VTS_XX.1.VOB contained and you wanted it you could add it to your download.

Are there better or other ways to accomplish this? (with free and/or payware tools)

Thank you and peace,
    Joey
    Quote Quote  
  2. errrm.... if it was a non-copyrighted movie then the easiest way to get the main movie only out of it would be to download the whole thing then run dvdshrink on it to extract the main movie only. you could get the main movie vobs only but then you would need to re-author them.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Ifoedit will reauthor the vobs easy enough,just wont get the menus if there were any.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by minidv2dvd
    errrm.... if it was a non-copyrighted movie then the easiest way to get the main movie only out of it would be to download the whole thing then run dvdshrink on it to extract the main movie only. you could get the main movie vobs only but then you would need to re-author them.
    maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. The main reason for downloading only the movie(videos) is to save bandwidth and time. That could be important for those with limited bandwidth for file sharing.

Originally Posted by johns0
    Ifoedit will reauthor the vobs easy enough,just wont get the menus if there were any.
    I sort of know that but I want the menus too.

I was able to use VobBlanker fairly quickly to make a DVD Folder to burn and keep the main movie menus for a particular movie. Could I run into problems with other movies? I want to know about other ways to accomplish the same thing.

I will modify my question "How do you make a DVD from only some VOB & IFO files?"
    to "What are some of the ways you can quickly make a DVD with menus without having all the VOB files available (but having all the IFO & VTS_XX_0.VOB files plus the main movie VOB files) and not doing a total re-authoring?" I have found one way using VobBlanker but would like to explore other ways and to shorten the length of play for non working menus (the ones for other than the main movie, chapters and setup) like the extras etc.

Hopefully this will help focus the replies.
    Quote Quote