VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I've uploaded several .mpg files to my youtube accounts months ago. Originally I didn't keep backup copy of those .mpg files. Now I want to make backup copies of those videos in my computer. I tried replay those videos via youtube. Then I got the corresponding files loaded from youtube to C:\Documents and Settings\<my xp login account name>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files with filename prefix get_video[1].* (PS: About 1-2 years ago I used this method to get playable copy of youtube videos). I played the file with VLC media player 0.8.5. Disappointedly, only the first few frames (less then 1 second) of the the video were played. Obviously, youtube had done something to disable this previous workable method.

I would like to know if there is any method to get back playable of my youtube videos? I'm using Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2 & IE 6.0

Tks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Advanced video conversion?!? Nope. Moving you.

Have you tried orbit downloader, vdownloader, firefox with downloadhelper, www.keepvid.com , etc....
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    And newer youtube flash files can be in flv with h264 format and I guess vlc 0.8.5 does not support that. Try upgrade vlc to latest 0.98a or use flv splitter and ffdshow and play with mpc.
    Quote Quote  
  4. vlc play h264 vids ok there is something to set to get a fluid picture though:
    tools>preferences> play/codecs>other codecs>ffmpeg> no loop filter for h264 = ALL
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  5. there is no problem to download the movie for eg with firefox plugin, download helper to .flv. But the quality will be not as good as of original movie.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Baldrick
    And newer youtube flash files can be in flv with h264 format and I guess vlc 0.8.5 does not support that. Try upgrade vlc to latest 0.98a or use flv splitter and ffdshow and play with mpc.
    Tks! vlc 0.98a seems working! Will try with more youtube files.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by DereX888
    Could you be more detailed just in case some people need specific help

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote