VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    3hrs 51min for "Wanted" BD Rebuilder 1080p to 1080p 65fps on the 1st pass, 28fps on the 2nd pass highest quality setting (stricter compliance for AVCHD + Trellis Algorithm)

Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition @ 3.8Ghz, Seagate 1500GB to Seagate 1500GB-(Target 7.7GB for DL-DVD)

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html

2. Bro ocgw,
    had you had got this error before?
    "BD Rebuilder experienced an error 1 [19:35:02] SourceCheck() 00009 1"
    How to fix this problem?

3. i had solve the problem already.
    thank you.

4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    fkw81 - Thanks so much for posting. It always helps everyone when a poster asks "Do you know how to fix problem X?" and then shortly afterward posts "Nevermind. I fixed it myself." with no further information on how they fixed the problem.

Thanks too for trying to hijack ocgw's original post. Yep, really classy.

5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fkw81
    Bro ocgw,
    had you had got this error before?
    "BD Rebuilder experienced an error 1 [19:35:02] SourceCheck() 00009 1"
    How to fix this problem?
    Yeah, tell us how you fixed it bro'

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650

6. just the OS region problem.
    Just change to united state english region then the problem solved...

7. I should try this on my comp...8core (2x 3.0ghz Quad Xeons), 8gb ram, BDR-203, ATI 4870X22, etc...I wonder what times I would get.

Anyway, my question is - is this the best Blu-Ray to file program out there, or is there another one that can rip BluRay to better?

P.S. - your desktop makes me cringe...lol i think i have 4 icons max at any given time on my desktop.[/img]

8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by milOtis
    I should try this on my comp...8core (2x 3.0ghz Quad Xeons), 8gb ram, BDR-203, ATI 4870X22, etc...I wonder what times I would get.

Anyway, my question is - is this the best Blu-Ray to file program out there, or is there another one that can rip BluRay to better?

P.S. - your desktop makes me cringe...lol i think i have 4 icons max at any given time on my desktop.[/img]
    It has been reported that BD Rebuilder is hard limited to 4-cores by another dual quad Xeon owner who posted reencoding times after mine in another forum, (your times should be just a little slower than mine like his was as a highly OC'd Phenom II beats a stock Xeon in performance)

This program is the best for squeezing a Blue Ray to a smaller size (reencoding not ripping) to fit any size disk, (AnyDVD HD + TsMuxer) is the best for just ripping "to file" (takes me about 20-25 minutes w/ my old LG 6x BD-rom, got my Pioneer 8x BD-RW today)

ps. That is a working mans desktop (I like all my tools available in as few mouse clicks as possible)

ocgw

peace

9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To milOtis:

It has been reported that BD Rebuilder now works w/ all 8 cores, looks like your "in business" lol

ocgw

peace

10. Try running the same tests for BD25, and report back please.

Looking to upgrade and haven't decided on Core i7 or Phenom II X4.

11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No problem, will do so in a couple of days or so

ocgw

peace

12. Ok, here is my process.

1. Rip to Image (ISO) via AnyDVD system tray icon (averaging 1.5hours)

2. Mount ISO with Daemon Tools (5 seconds)

3. Use BD Rebuilder to backup mounted ISO to BD-5 (averaging 4 hours), Burn to DVD5 (DVD-R) 15 minutes on Pioneer DVR-216
    -or-
    3. Use Nero to burn full ISO to 50GB BD disc (30 minutes on Pioneer BDR-203)

===
    I have done 8 discs now, and those are the average times. Some took 3.5 hours to rebuild, some took a little over 4 hours. All my BD-5 burns on DVD-R play on my set-top Blu-Ray player, and I cannot tell the difference from the original on my 50" 1080p plasma. This rocks. The AVCHD264 codec is so resilient! This is 10x compression and I honestly cannot tell 2 feet away from my TV. Wow!
    ===

Definitely using all 8 cores (click to enlarge)

I am making a ripping guide, PDF form, will be packaged with all freeware. Will be done in a few days.

Later

p.s. - ocgw: who cares who is faster...there's no prize for first place, lol i am happy with the times I am getting. I dont know why time is an issue though if you own the discs anyway. The only reason I see to brag about your "Fast time" would be if you are renting DVDs and have to return them. I am not making any judgement calls, but don't use this on rented DVDs, that is illegal. K, I said my peace. Later.

13. Originally Posted by milOtis
    All my BD-5 burns on DVD-R play on my set-top Blu-Ray player, and I cannot tell the difference from the original on my 50" 1080p plasma. This rocks. The AVCHD264 codec is so resilient! This is 10x compression and I honestly cannot tell 2 feet away from my TV. Wow!
    Thanks for the average times. But to say that you can not tell the difference from the original using single layer dvds? Sorry to say, you must be blind. I just finished recoding Taken using BD Rebuilder in BD-9 setting and I can see a major difference from the original and the copy on my LG 42" 120hz LCD.

14. Big difference between Plasmas and LCDs. My Plasma just must be processing the signal better. I have been editing video professionally for the last 10years and am VERY familiar with all the downfalls of codec, compression, and what looks good/bad etc...and my encodes are coming out beautifully. Also my friend who is a HD nut and swears by 1080p quality and notices even the tiniest compression algorithm also cannot tell on his 65" Misubishi Diamond series tv.

I found a method that works for me, and it looks just as crystal clear as any hollywood disc I put in, so I'll keep backing up to this method.

15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by milOtis
    Ok, here is my process.

1. Rip to Image (ISO) via AnyDVD system tray icon (averaging 1.5hours)

2. Mount ISO with Daemon Tools (5 seconds)

3. Use BD Rebuilder to backup mounted ISO to BD-5 (averaging 4 hours), Burn to DVD5 (DVD-R) 15 minutes on Pioneer DVR-216
    -or-
    3. Use Nero to burn full ISO to 50GB BD disc (30 minutes on Pioneer BDR-203)

===
    I have done 8 discs now, and those are the average times. Some took 3.5 hours to rebuild, some took a little over 4 hours. All my BD-5 burns on DVD-R play on my set-top Blu-Ray player, and I cannot tell the difference from the original on my 50" 1080p plasma. This rocks. The AVCHD264 codec is so resilient! This is 10x compression and I honestly cannot tell 2 feet away from my TV. Wow!
    ===

Definitely using all 8 cores (click to enlarge)

I am making a ripping guide, PDF form, will be packaged with all freeware. Will be done in a few days.

Later

p.s. - ocgw: who cares who is faster...there's no prize for first place, lol i am happy with the times I am getting. I dont know why time is an issue though if you own the discs anyway. The only reason I see to brag about your "Fast time" would be if you are renting DVDs and have to return them. I am not making any judgement calls, but don't use this on rented DVDs, that is illegal. K, I said my peace. Later.
    It's all good milOtis lol, but who isn't proud of their high tech creations? Why is time an issue? I have over 300 Blu Ray movies, and over 200 DVD's, do the math lol

Anyway you see my post as a brag, maybe it is a lil', but it is an informative post showing what is possible w/ a AMD cpu, which is the only competition keeping your Intel cpus affordable

ps. Where do you live?, I live in the U.S., it isn't illegal to rip a rented movie here, @ the most you can be found civily liable if you download movies

Only PROFITING from copywrited material is illegal

Personally I have ripped a few Blu Ray rentals, and most of them I already own, and paid for on DVD, tape, and Laser Disc

ocgw-guilt free in the U.S.

ps. Why are you using single layer DVD's, I am using DL-DVD's to make BD-9's @ all highest settings, and in 1 out of 4, or 5 movies I see compression artifacts in the backgrounds, the x264 codec does very good @ sharp close well defined objects, but it doesn't quite know what to do w/ dark, blurry, noisy, or monotone backgrounds, I didn't see it @ first either, but after a while you will notice it, it only crops up in a few scenes

And why are you wasting money on 50GB discs? Use TsMuxer to throw out unwanted subtitles and audio tracks to fit most movies on a 25GB disc

btw if it takes you 1.5 hrs to rip a BD, you have an issue somewhere in your system, it should not take half that time

peace

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning. Discussing copying rental video is a violation of our rules. Please read our rules before posting.
    / Moderator redwudz

16. Originally Posted by ocgw
    I live in the U.S., it isn't illegal to rip a rented movie here, @ the most you can be found civily liable if you download movies
    Who do you think you're kidding with that nonsense? It's illegal just to decrypt the things in the US. And I wouldn't brag about working with rented movies around here, if I were you.

17. Originally Posted by manono
    Originally Posted by ocgw
    I live in the U.S., it isn't illegal to rip a rented movie here, @ the most you can be found civily liable if you download movies
    Who do you think you're kidding with that nonsense? It's illegal just to decrypt the things in the US. And I wouldn't brag about working with rented movies around here, if I were you.
    Guess he's never seen the FBI warnings at the begining of each dvd. :P

18. Originally Posted by ocgw
    It's all good milOtis lol, but who isn't proud of their high tech creations? Why is time an issue? I have over 300 Blu Ray movies, and over 200 DVD's, do the math lol

Anyway you see my post as a brag, maybe it is a lil', but it is an informative post showing what is possible w/ a AMD cpu, which is the only competition keeping your Intel cpus affordable

ps. Where do you live?, I live in the U.S., it isn't illegal to rip a rented movie here, @ the most you can be found civily liable if you download movies

Only PROFITING from copywrited material is illegal

Personally I have ripped a few Blu Ray rentals, and most of them I already own, and paid for on DVD, tape, and Laser Disc

ocgw-guilt free in the U.S.

ps. Why are you using single layer DVD's, I am using DL-DVD's to make BD-9's @ all highest settings, and in 1 out of 4, or 5 movies I see compression artifacts in the backgrounds, the x264 codec does very good @ sharp close well defined objects, but it doesn't quite know what to do w/ dark, blurry, noisy, or monotone backgrounds, I didn't see it @ first either, but after a while you will notice it, it only crops up in a few scenes

And why are you wasting money on 50GB discs? Use TsMuxer to throw out unwanted subtitles and audio tracks to fit most movies on a 25GB disc

btw if it takes you 1.5 hrs to rip a BD, you have an issue somewhere in your system, it should not take half that time

peace
    ocgw - you are coming across really arrogant. why do you feel the need to tell me to change my ripping practices or how I go about things? Why does it matter what software or hardware I use or how long it takes me to do it? Just chill and let everyone do whatever works for them.

Secondly...AMD chips are keeping Intel chips cheap? lol. Oh brother. Again, who CARES if you use AMD or Intel...jeez.

Thirdly - ripping Blu-Rays discs IS illegal if you have not bought and paid for them. If you rip a rental, you are required to delete the digital copy within 24 hours. This is US law, so by making a backup of a rental, you are committing a felony.

Fourthly...nevermind, this is too tiring, lol.

All - I will have my ripping guide done tonight Wonder I have any old fans out there who used my guide back in the day (DVDx guide back in 2000, lol). Anyway, look for it soon. Have fun ripping.

19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HOW OLD ARE YOU milOtis?

ocgw-not one of your "fans"

PS. to manono and mrswla, post a link to those laws, the US copyright law last time I read it made profiting from copywrighted material a crime, and it is only illegal to sell decrypting software

PEACE