VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    when compressing I use a program called No1 Video Converter (Apollo #1 Video Converter. It is the best software for compressing video because you can select codecs that you have installed, I tested around 10 compressing programs including the so worshipped 'Any Video Converter'. From 10 of them on the 1st-4th pages in Google only 3 of them had the option to select MSADPCM or IMA ADPCM or PCM, No1 Video COnv wins as the best froim the 3. The rest do not have that. I've beein using #1 Video Converter for 2 years and only this program can split properly not just in seconds but in mileseconds like if you want not just at 00:00:03 like some other programs do, it can split at 00:00:03.100 or 00:00:03.800 so this is lesser even that a second, etc. However, it doesn't work with MS ADPCM on Vista.. when I compress a video that uses no compression for video and PCM for audio, it reaches 10% and stops, doesn't convert further when I select MS ADPCM for audio compression. While IMA ADPCM if I select it, it successfully compresses it. With a PC that has Win XP that doesn't happen, it can convert a video with using MS ADPCM. So I wanted to use the latter codec for audio but it won't work on Vista. Do you know what might be the problem? MS ADPCM usually comes with the installation of Windows, like it is with Win XP. I already tried pasting the file from the Win XP PC but no effect. Still won't compress with MS ADPCM. And as I said, ' rather use No1 video conv, that is the best video compressing progr.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Vista handles audio quite differently than XP or earlier versions of Windows. I would check for updates to your program. You might also try XP SP2 compatibility mode. (R click the program when you install and go down to 'Properties') But I doubt this will help because of the audio. Vista reportedly did this because different software writers used too many methods for audio handling, so Vista streamlined the process.
    Quote Quote