+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I just install ffmpeg...

I am trying to convert a mov file to flv without sucess.
    message error:

Encoding started on Mon Mar 2 17:07:02 BRT 2009
    FFmpeg version CVS, Copyright (c) 2000-2004 Fabrice Bellard
    Mac OSX universal build for ffmpegX
    libavutil version: 49.0.0
    libavcodec version: 51.9.0
    libavformat version: 50.4.0
    [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x4701fc]negative ctts, ignoring
    Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from '/Volumes/LaCie Disk/FOOTAGESALE/Videobackground/balboa/websample/vbbp001':
    Duration: 00:00:07.0, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 320 kb/s
    Stream #0.0(eng), 29.97 fps(r): Video: h264, yuv420p, 280x200
    Number of stream maps must match number of output streams

What I have to do to fix that?
    Thks a lot for your help! :P
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It seems your source file has only a video stream, but no audio stream. ffmpegX wants a file with both video and audio as input when converting to a format with video and audio ("Number of stream maps must match number of output streams").
    Quote Quote  
  3. Unfortunately I'm having the same issue..... It's driving me crazy and I know my video has audio. Here is the "process information" for you to read. I appreciate any help.

Tue Mar 3 22:34:32 ChST 2009
    [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x5597b8]negative ctts, ignoring
    Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from '/Volumes/GREEN HD/Movies/Guam/Flower1.mov':
    Duration: 00:00:33.7, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 20861 kb/s
    Stream #0.0(eng): Audio: pcm_s16le, 48000 Hz, stereo, 1536 kb/s
    Stream #0.1(eng), 29.97 fps(r): Video: h264, yuv420p, 720x480
    Codec type mismatch for mapping #0.0 -> #0.0
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by military69
    It's driving me crazy and I know my video has audio.

Codec type mismatch for mapping #0.0 -> #0.0
    Please see post 1937907.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Case
    It seems your source file has only a video stream, but no audio stream. ffmpegX wants a file with both video and audio as input when converting to a format with video and audio ("Number of stream maps must match number of output streams").
    Hi thks for your help! I fix it turning off audio... but now I have another issue!!!!!!!!

When I click to encode,a window comes up asking me where is progress.app... I always choose ffmpeg,is it right?

The last info was:

Encoding started on Tue Mar 3 14:12:58 BRT 2009
    Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from '/Volumes/LaCie Disk/FOOTAGESALE/Videobackground/balboa/websample/vbbp001':
    Output #0, flv, to '/Volumes/LaCie Disk/FOOTAGESALE/Videobackground/balboa/websample/vbbp001.ff.flv':
    Stream #0.0, 29.97 fps(c): Video: flv, yuv420p, 288x240, q=2-15, 200 kb/s
    Stream mapping:
    Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
    video:214kB audio:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 1.533227%
    bench: utime=1.860s
    /bin/sh: /Applications/ffmpegX.app//Contents/Resources/flvtool2: /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

what that means?
    I download flvtool2... I opened from zip...do I have to place it somewhere?

Another thing...

I got flash 9 because my mac os is 10.3.9... when I try to open the clip that I encoded as a flash , anything happens!!!!!!!!!!! Then I upload the clip to youtube to check out then it played but the quality was bad.
    Any tips to solve this problems?

Again,thks a lot for your help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by drica
    When I click to encode,a window comes up asking me where is progress.app... I always choose ffmpeg,is it right?
    You should select the ffmpegX application. It has happened for some users, but not others. Therefore I think it depends on the setup somehow, although I have no idea exactly what.

/bin/sh: /Applications/ffmpegX.app//Contents/Resources/flvtool2: /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

what that means?
    Your file is encoded fine, but it has no meta data yet, so some players won't know the duration and can't give a nice progress bar on playback.
    Installation instructions for flvtool2 can be found on this forum and on the website. Use the forum search box (top of page) for additional topics on flvtool2, as some users wanted more detailed instructions in the past.

I got flash 9 because my mac os is 10.3.9...
    You don't need the latest version of Flash Player for the type of FLV that ffmpegX encodes (which is H.263/Mp3). Flash 8 would be fine, too.

when I try to open the clip that I encoded as a flash, anything happens!
    "Anything" isn't very descriptive; please be detailed in what happens.
    Very few players can play FLV files directly. To play an FLV file in QuickTime Player, install Perian first, as it helps QTP understand FLV files (among other useful things).

Then I upload the clip to youtube to check out then it played but the quality was bad.
    The default encoding settings in ffmpegX for FLV files are set to produce a very small file, thereby sacrificing quality. To get better quality, use a higher bitrate (which will increase the file size as well).
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You should select the ffmpegX application. It has happened for some users, but not others. Therefore I think it depends on the setup somehow, although I have no idea exactly what.

what that means?
    Your file is encoded fine, but it has no meta data yet, so some players won't know the duration and can't give a nice progress bar on playback.
    Installation instructions for flvtool2 can be found on this forum and on the website. Use the forum search box (top of page) for additional topics on flvtool2, as some users wanted more detailed instructions in the past.

I got flash 9 because my mac os is 10.3.9...
    You don't need the latest version of Flash Player for the type of FLV that ffmpegX encodes (which is H.263/Mp3). Flash 8 would be fine, too.

when I try to open the clip that I encoded as a flash, anything happens!
    "Anything" isn't very descriptive; please be detailed in what happens.
    Very few players can play FLV files directly. To play an FLV file in QuickTime Player, install Perian first, as it helps QTP understand FLV files (among other useful things).

Then I upload the clip to youtube to check out then it played but the quality was bad.
    The default encoding settings in ffmpegX for FLV files are set to produce a very small file, thereby sacrificing quality. To get better quality, use a higher bitrate (which will increase the file size as well).

Thks a lot for your help! :P You are a very cool guy!

When I try to open the clip that I encoded as a flash the flash software opens but there isn't a window to show the clip!
    Then I click from the menu,open a file and It doesn't show the clip.
    Any thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When I try to open the clip that I encoded as a flash the flash software opens but there isn't a window to show the clip!
    What "flash software" is that? I don't have Adobe Flash Studio (I have just the webbrowser plugin), so I wouldn't know how it's workflow is. Maybe an FLV file shouldn't be opened, but imported; just a guess. Besides, Adobe Flash Studio isn't needed.

The webbroser plugin and stand-alone Flash players play .swf files, not .flv files. The 'trick' is to embed an .flv file inside a .swf file, or (even better for the web) use a general .swf file as a player for many .flv files, by linking (not embedding) to .flv files. Such .swf media players only have to be made once, and handle all your .flv files. There are several such players free to download, such as JW FLV media player.

For local playback of .flv files, try QuickTime Player (with Perian), VLC or some of the dedicated FLV players that can be found at the usual software sites (VersionTracker, MacUpdate).
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What "flash software" is that? I don't have Adobe Flash Studio (I have just the webbrowser plugin), so I wouldn't know how it's workflow is. Maybe an FLV file shouldn't be opened, but imported; just a guess. Besides, Adobe Flash Studio isn't needed.

The webbroser plugin and stand-alone Flash players play .swf files, not .flv files. The 'trick' is to embed an .flv file inside a .swf file, or (even better for the web) use a general .swf file as a player for many .flv files, by linking (not embedding) to .flv files. Such .swf media players only have to be made once, and handle all your .flv files. There are several such players free to download, such as JW FLV media player.

For local playback of .flv files, try QuickTime Player (with Perian), VLC or some of the dedicated FLV players that can be found at the usual software sites (VersionTracker, MacUpdate).

I need for local playback... Can't use perian because my mac os is 10.3! VLC will not open my flash clip.

I am getting desperated in here!

The flvtool2 comes like that..

the bin
    CHANGELOG
    examples
    flvtool2.exy
    lib
    LICENSE
    Rakefile
    README
    setup.rb

Isn't missing some files? anyway a click on setup... a window opens,real basic 3.5, asking if I want pay/register or not yet I click on that and a software opens ... right side is the tools the other properties...

I am very lost in here! I try to find info on the links you gave me but didn't help...

How can install flvtool2,step by step?

Thks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I need for local playback... Can't use perian because my mac os is 10.3!
    Sorry that I didn't realize that earlier. Panther (10.3) was released in October 2003, and updated until April 2005. It is showing its age by developers abandoning it for software support. Perhaps someone else knows a player for local playback of FLV files on 10.3? Except for the webpage route, that is.

Isn't [flvtool2] missing some files? anyway a click on setup... a window opens,real basic 3.5, asking if I want pay/register or not yet I click on that and a software opens ... right side is the tools the other properties...
    The files in the "flvtool2-1.0.6" folder have to be installed using the Terminal (no easy double-clicking files this time).
    The application Terminal will be located in /Applications/Utilities/ .
    Launch Terminal. You'll see a so-called Shell window where you can type commands. That is why is it sometimes referred to as the "command line".
    Code:
    Last login: <some date and time> on console
    Welcome to Darwin!
    Computer-name:~ username$ <cursor>
    1. Change the working directory to the "flvtool2-1.0.6" folder, by typing cd and a space character, followed by a drag-and-drop of the folder "flvtool2-1.0.6" from the Finder to the Terminal window. The Terminal will interpret the drag-and-drop action by copying the path to that folder into the command. Press the <return> key to activate the command.
    2. Type ruby setup.rb config [press <return> key]
    3. Type ruby setup.rb setup [press <return> key]
    4. Type sudo ruby setup.rb install [press <return> key]
    5. The sudo command in the previous step will make the Terminal ask for your user account password.
    6. Done; flvtool2 is now installed.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A free standalone flash player that will work under 10.3 is Wimpy FLV Player. It's not particularly elaborate, but it's functional.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think I used iSwiff along with Macromedia's (now Adobe's, of course) stand-alone Flash player. The latter, you can find here: http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

...don't think they have one that supports Flash 10, though, and I don't know how the more recent versions will run under Panther. I'd test, if my iBook wasn't broken. -_-
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need for local playback... Can't use perian because my mac os is 10.3!
    Sorry that I didn't realize that earlier. Panther (10.3) was released in October 2003, and updated until April 2005. It is showing its age by developers abandoning it for software support. Perhaps someone else knows a player for local playback of FLV files on 10.3? Except for the webpage route, that is.

Isn't [flvtool2] missing some files? anyway a click on setup... a window opens,real basic 3.5, asking if I want pay/register or not yet I click on that and a software opens ... right side is the tools the other properties...
    The files in the "flvtool2-1.0.6" folder have to be installed using the Terminal (no easy double-clicking files this time).
    The application Terminal will be located in /Applications/Utilities/ .
    Launch Terminal. You'll see a so-called Shell window where you can type commands. That is why is it sometimes referred to as the "command line".
    Code:
    Last login: <some date and time> on console
    Welcome to Darwin!
    Computer-name:~ username$ <cursor>
    1. Change the working directory to the "flvtool2-1.0.6" folder, by typing cd and a space character, followed by a drag-and-drop of the folder "flvtool2-1.0.6" from the Finder to the Terminal window. The Terminal will interpret the drag-and-drop action by copying the path to that folder into the command. Press the <return> key to activate the command.
    2. Type ruby setup.rb config [press <return> key]
    3. Type ruby setup.rb setup [press <return> key]
    4. Type sudo ruby setup.rb install [press <return> key]
    5. The sudo command in the previous step will make the Terminal ask for your user account password.
    6. Done; flvtool2 is now installed.
    Hi Case,

Thanks... I tried but .... it asked my password then I type but didn't see anything being typed then I press return...
    then it asked for my password again then I didn't now what to write because my computer doesn't have a password...
    I download the software I don't have a password!!!!!!!!!!
    The situation is like that.... should I stasrt over? How about the password?

Last login: Thu Mar 5 16:17:22 on ttyp1
    Welcome to Darwin!
    Adrianas:~ adriana$ cd /Users/adriana/Desktop/flvtool2-1.0.6
    Adrianas:~/Desktop/flvtool2-1.0.6 adriana$
    Adrianas:~/Desktop/flvtool2-1.0.6 adriana$ ruby setup.rb config
    ---> bin
    <--- bin
    ---> lib
    ---> lib/flv
    <--- lib/flv
    ---> lib/flvtool2
    <--- lib/flvtool2
    <--- lib
    Adrianas:~/Desktop/flvtool2-1.0.6 adriana$ ruby setup.rb setup
    ---> bin
    updating shebang: flvtool2
    <--- bin
    ---> lib
    ---> lib/flv
    <--- lib/flv
    ---> lib/flvtool2
    <--- lib/flvtool2
    <--- lib
    Adrianas:~/Desktop/flvtool2-1.0.6 adriana$ sudo ruby setup.rb install
    Password:
    Sorry, try again.
    Password:
    Sorry, try again.
    Password:
    Sorry, try again.
    sudo: 3 incorrect password attempts

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    my computer doesn't have a password...
    Create a password in System Preferences > Accounts, then try again.
    (You can always change it back after installation.)
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    my computer doesn't have a password...
    Create a password in System Preferences > Accounts, then try again.
    (You can always change it back after installation.)
    Hi Case,

Who am I without you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

After the password I got this

Adrianas:~/Desktop/flvtool2-1.0.6 adriana$ sudo ruby setup.rb install
    Password:
    rm -f InstalledFiles
    ---> bin
    mkdir -p /usr/bin
    install flvtool2 /usr/bin/
    <--- bin
    ---> lib
    mkdir -p /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6
    install flv.rb /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/
    install flvtool2.rb /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/
    install mixml.rb /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/
    install miyaml.rb /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/
    ---> lib/flv
    mkdir -p /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/flv
    install amf_string_buffer.rb /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/flv
    install audio_tag.rb /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/flv
    install core_extensions.rb /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/flv
    install meta_tag.rb /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/flv
    install stream.rb /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/flv
    install tag.rb /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/flv
    install video_tag.rb /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/flv
    <--- lib/flv
    ---> lib/flvtool2
    mkdir -p /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/flvtool2
    install base.rb /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/flvtool2
    install version.rb /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/flvtool2
    <--- lib/flvtool2
    <--- lib

I guess it installed,right? Sorry I am a dummy with computers!

I just encode using ffmpeg . I guess flvtool is not install! It directory is on desktop,is it a problem?

Encoding started on Thu Mar 5 17:20:52 BRT 2009
    Output #0, flv, to '/Volumes/LaCie Disk/FOOTAGESALE/Videobackground/balboa/websample/vbbp001.ff.flv':
    Stream #0.0, 29.97 fps(c): Video: flv, yuv420p, 288x240, q=2-15, 4000 kb/s
    Stream mapping:
    Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
    bench: utime=1.570s
    video:227kB audio:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 1.441942%

Why no such file or directory? What I have to do now? Gee....

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P you are the best!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I guess it installed,right?
    Yes it did.

I guess flvtool is not install! It directory is on desktop,is it a problem?
    The installation of flvtool2 is done. You may delete the folder on your desktop.

Why no such file or directory? What I have to do now?
    I was afraid this would happen, but I wasn't sure it would happen. The thing is, ffmpegX instructs the computer that it wants flvtool2 after creating an FLV file. It does so by using the ruby scripting language. But first ffmpegX is telling the computer where the ruby program is. This ruby is yet another command line program, but this one is provided by Apple with every Mac OS X. Unfortunately, it is not at the same location on all Macs. The good thing is that it can be fixed in ffmpegX, and this location of ruby is not too hard to edit: --

1. Where is ruby?
    The author of ffmpegX expected ruby to be located at /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby .
    On your system ruby may be located elsewhere.
    On my 10.4.11, ruby is located at /usr/bin/ruby .
    I don't know where it is on 10.3.x, but try looking in /usr/bin/ first. (The directory usr is a hidden directory, so use the Go menu in the Finder, Go to folder, type /usr/bin, then look if ruby is in there.)

2. Edit ffmpegX to the correct location of ruby.
    Select the ffmpegX application in the Finder. Control-click it, then select Show Package Content. A new folder will show the 'insides' of ffmpegX. Open the Contents folder. Open the Resources folder. One of the files in there is "flvtool2". This file is very small and will have just two lines of text. Open the file in TextEdit. Change /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby into the real location of ruby, e.g. /usr/bin/ruby . It should now read something like:
    Code:
    #! /usr/bin/ruby
    require 'flvtool2'
    Save. Close all folders.

3. Try encoding to FLV once more. The log shouldn't say "bad interpreter: No such file or directory" anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I guess it installed,right?
    Yes it did.

I guess flvtool is not install! It directory is on desktop,is it a problem?
    The installation of flvtool2 is done. You may delete the folder on your desktop.

Why no such file or directory? What I have to do now?
    I was afraid this would happen, but I wasn't sure it would happen. The thing is, ffmpegX instructs the computer that it wants flvtool2 after creating an FLV file. It does so by using the ruby scripting language. But first ffmpegX is telling the computer where the ruby program is. This ruby is yet another command line program, but this one is provided by Apple with every Mac OS X. Unfortunately, it is not at the same location on all Macs. The good thing is that it can be fixed in ffmpegX, and this location of ruby is not too hard to edit: --

1. Where is ruby?
    The author of ffmpegX expected ruby to be located at /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby .
    On your system ruby may be located elsewhere.
    On my 10.4.11, ruby is located at /usr/bin/ruby .
    I don't know where it is on 10.3.x, but try looking in /usr/bin/ first. (The directory usr is a hidden directory, so use the Go menu in the Finder, Go to folder, type /usr/bin, then look if ruby is in there.)

2. Edit ffmpegX to the correct location of ruby.
    Select the ffmpegX application in the Finder. Control-click it, then select Show Package Content. A new folder will show the 'insides' of ffmpegX. Open the Contents folder. Open the Resources folder. One of the files in there is "flvtool2". This file is very small and will have just two lines of text. Open the file in TextEdit. Change /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby into the real location of ruby, e.g. /usr/bin/ruby . It should now read something like:
    Code:
    #! /usr/bin/ruby
    require 'flvtool2'
    Save. Close all folders.

3. Try encoding to FLV once more. The log shouldn't say "bad interpreter: No such file or directory" anymore.
    Hi Case,

Ok now it reads
    #! /usr/bin/ruby
    require 'flvtool2'

And yes the location was there/usr/bin/ruby the flvtool2 is there too usr/bin/flvtool2

But the bad news is... when I tryied to encode the message...

Fri Mar 6 17:45:21 BRT 2009
    Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from '/Volumes/LaCie Disk/FOOTAGESALE/Videobackground/balboa/websample/vbbp005':
    Duration: 00:00:06.9, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 398 kb/s
    Output #0, flv, to '/Volumes/LaCie Disk/FOOTAGESALE/Videobackground/balboa/websample/vbbp005.ff.flv':
    Stream #0.0, 12.00 fps(c): Video: flv, yuv420p, 320x240, q=2-15, 200 kb/s
    Stream mapping:
    Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
    bench: utime=1.060s
    video:199kB audio:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.675187%
    /bin/sh: /Applications/ffmpegX.app//Contents/Resources/flvtool2: /usr/bin/ruby
    require: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

When the progress .app window opens and ask to choose an application I notice there was twice ffmpeg...
    I put on trash the files that was on desktop...
    I search on find ffmpeg
    The result comes like
    ffmpegX application support
    com.mac.homepage.major4.ffmpegX.plist
    ffmpegX application

I feel we are getting in there!

I have no words to thank you enough, for your help and patient!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And yes the location was there /usr/bin/ruby
    Good. It is a very important step to know the location of ruby, when another application needs that information.

the flvtool2 is there too /usr/bin/flvtool2
    Well spotted! Now you know what the previous flvtool2 install instructions have created.

Ok now it reads
    #! /usr/bin/ruby
    require 'flvtool2'
    Looks good. Please note that the flvtool2 in /usr/bin/ is the binary program that adds meta data, and that the file flvtool2 inside ffmpegX is just an instruction to use the binary. Don't let the same filename confuse you; these files are very different, and only the latter needs a small change.

But the bad news is... when I tryied to encode the message...

Yes that is bad.
    Let's try to find out if both ruby and flvtool2 are in working condition:
    (1) In the Terminal, type (or copy-paste): /usr/bin/ruby --version
    It should mention the application version of ruby, without doing anything else.
    (2) In the Termimal, type: /usr/bin/flvtool2 -H
    It should mention the short Help page, without doing anything else. (What is mentioned there is for using flvtool2 from the command line, without ffmpegX.)
    If you get these results, then they both are in working condition.

When the progress.app window opens and ask to choose an application I notice there was twice ffmpeg...
    Now you are confusing me. (1) Is this about the ffmpegX application asking "Where is Progress.app?", or is this different? (2) Progress.app never asked me to choose an application, nor is such a question mention before on this forum. (3) Please be precise when mentioning 'ffmpeg', as both ffmpegX (with 'X') and ffmpeg (without 'X') exist: ffmpeg is a command line binary that is used by ffmpegX.

I search on find ffmpeg
    The result comes like
    ffmpegX application support
    com.mac.homepage.major4.ffmpegX.plist
    ffmpegX application
    The first is the folder in Application Support, the second is where ffmpegX stores its preferences, the third is the ffmpegX application itself.
    If you get the "Where is Progress.app?" question, locate the ffmpegX appliaction in your /Applcations folder.
    If this happens again, open up the Package Contents of ffmpegX, navigate to Contents/Resources/Progress.app and drag that icon to the "Where is Progress.app?" dialog box. I hope that is enough to let it remember it from then on.

P.S. You don't have to include the complete quote each time you reply on the forum. Feel free to cut away portions from the quote that are not essential in your reply.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you get the "Where is Progress.app?" question, locate the ffmpegX appliaction in your /Applcations folder.
    If this happens again, open up the Package Contents of ffmpegX, navigate to Contents/Resources/Progress.app and drag that icon to the "Where is Progress.app?" dialog box. I hope that is enough to let it remember it from then on.

HI Case,

I did that but didn't work... When I drag the progress to the window .choose application where is progress app is the file comes back to it original place. It doesn't get into the where is progress .app...window...

That ..............

And now?

I tried to encode again...
    Last paragraph reads:

That is

About the test you asked me to do
    Here is the results:

Last login: Sat Mar 7 12:37:20 on console
    Welcome to Darwin!
    Adrianas:~ adriana$ /usr/bin/ruby --version
    ruby 1.6.8 (2002-12-24) [powerpc-darwin7.0]
    Adrianas:~ adriana$ /usr/bin/flvtool2 -H
    FLVTool2 1.0.6
    Copyright (c) 2005-2007 Norman Timmler (inlet media e.K., Hamburg, Germany)
    Get the latest version from http://www.inlet-media.de/flvtool2
    This program is published under the BSD license.

Usage: flvtool2 [-ACDPUVaciklnoprstvx]... [-key:value]... in-path|stdin [out-path|stdout]

If out-path is omitted, in-path will be overwritten.
    In-path can be a single file, or a directory. If in-path is a directory,
    out-path has to be likewise, or can be omitted. Directory recursion
    is controlled by the -r switch. You can use stdin and stdout keywords
    as in- and out-path for piping or redirecting.

Chain commands like that: -UP (updates FLV file than prints out meta data)

Commands:
    -A Adds tags from -t tags-file
    -C Cuts file using -i inpoint and -o outpoint
    -D Debugs file (writes a lot to stdout)
    -H Helpscreen will be shown
    -P Prints out meta data to stdout
    -U Updates FLV with an onMetaTag event

Switches:
    -a Collapse space between cutted regions
    -c Compatibility mode calculates some onMetaTag values different
    -key:value Key-value-pair for onMetaData tag (overwrites generated values)
    -i timestamp Inpoint for cut command in miliseconds
    -k Keyframe mode slides onCuePoint(navigation) tags added by the
    add command to nearest keyframe position
    -l Logs FLV stream reading to stream.log in current directory
    -n Number of tag to debug
    -o timestamp Outpoint for cut command in miliseconds
    -p Preserve mode only updates FLVs that have not been processed
    before
    -r Recursion for directory processing
    -s Simulation mode never writes FLV data to out-path
    -t path Tagfile (MetaTags written in XML)
    -v Verbose mode
    -x XML mode instead of YAML mode

REPORT BUGS at http://projects.inlet-media.de/flvtool2