VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been using the VLC Player for a very long time without any problems, then all of a sudden the sound stopped working when playing back .ISO files. I have been using version 0.8.6i (playback is fine but no sound) because if I try to use a later version the picture is distorted but there's sound. WTF?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You might try resetting the preferences (or delete VLC's preferences folder in Application Data, though I wouldn't recommend that unless you're sure what you're doing). It's possible something caused VLC's preferences to become corrupt (that seems to happen on occasion if you install a new version over an older version, too). Also, the 0.9* builds made a number of changes to things, and did have some problems with previous prefs and remnants of earlier installations, so it's probably better to uninstall all previous builds and reset the prefs/delete the VLC folder in AppData if you want to use one of the 0.9 builds, anyway, I'm not sure.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    ISO can be anything. That's about as helpful as saying you ate "food" last night and demanding that we tell you exactly what you ate. Any of the following could be on an ISO:
    CD audio
    VCD
    DVD
    BluRay
    your vacation photos
    a bunch of Power Point slides
    etc.

Are these "ISO" files actually DVDs? Or another format? Did you download them? Are you saying that old ISOs that you have had for some time aren't working now or are you saying that you downloaded a bunch of new ISOs and can't play them? VLC can't play BluRay very well at all. What you are describing could be the result of trying to play an AVCHD ISO or then again you may be having a problem with DVD ISOs you've had for some time. Your post is too vague to know.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The .ISO files have been made form DVDs.
    Quote Quote